Boos vs. 'USA!' as Trump and Melania take field for National Anthem at college football championship

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/13/trump-and-melania-on-the-footb.html

7 Likes
10 Likes

18 Likes

24 Likes

I hear neither boos nor cheers, only crowd noise.

7 Likes

After reading Twitter, I think it’s like an audible Rorschach test. You hear what you want to hear. Cheers or boos?

4 Likes

But, he’s the Commander in Chief.

7 Likes

It’s long been apparent that spirit of Leni Riefenstahl lives on at ESPN - but not only ESPN.

12 Likes

I was hoping for a chorus of “lock’em up”

4 Likes

“Boo! Ess! Aay! Boo! Ess! Aay!”? :thinking:

4 Likes

Now we finally know that besides being a stable genius and the best president ever, Trump also has a tremendously beautiful signing voice. It is sad that he has not revealed that to us much earlier, but I guess that is due to this exceptional humility.

1 Like

Only opposition politics counts as “politics” in the context of “keeping politics out”. Pro-government politics is “patriotism”.

1 Like

I couldn’t get it to play.

I’d love to hear them sing the National Anthem as a duet to open the Super Bowl.

5 Likes

Well, it’s on a par with how he sings those bills.

(Sorry. Open goal.)

2 Likes

It was nice to see President Obama at games. He’d be sitting in the crowd and actually enjoying the game for what it was. Plump, on the other hand, makes it all about him but that’s what his supporters love to see apparently.

2 Likes

My brother is an interim department head and research professor at LSU.

He attended the game. I’ll ask him who won the decibel contest and report back if the thread doesn’t close first.

1 Like

He could depoliticize it by appearing in uniform.

‘USA’ or ‘You, ese?’ They sound the same, you know.

I understand the meaning of your comment, but what really annoys me is all the people who use the term sincerely, always leaving out the rest of the phrase. The President is the Commander in Chief OF THE ARMED FORCES, not the citizenry; he is supposed to be the servant of the people, not its master. All this should be obvious, but alas, this is where we are now. This country will make a great Fascist dictatorship.

3 Likes