How NFL Players must honor the flag so many have died for

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/30/how-nfl-players-must-honor-the.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH an ungrateful NFL player must honor the flag for which so many have died, and so many more will continue to die.

11 Likes

Classic NFL.

1 Like

Stand for the anthem because the military paid us to play it.

6 Likes

I hate how the original message has been hijacked and distortedā€¦ā€they hate the flag!!ā€ Then seeing Jerry Jonesā€™ shriveled mass taking a knee to prove to himself that heā€™s not racist just waters things down further. And all the while, Trump continually throws cups of gasoline into the fire.

6 Likes

Well, when I was a boy (a long long long time ago evidently) taking a knee was a sign of respect and showed you were ready to listen. Same folks who were upset at Jesse Owens and the raised fists are upset that their sportsball is being marginally inconvenienced. Say maybe they should stand and raise a black gloved fist. Whether the middle finger is in or out is an exercise left to the individual player.

And donā€™t forget the ā€˜forgottenā€™ stanza of the star spangled bannerā€¦ read that and tell me a black man or woman must do whatever makes white fee fees fee better? bump that! Only reason we are even talking about this is even the cheapest cellphones now have camerasā€¦ cops just havenā€™t caught up to that fact quite yet.

5 Likes

ouch

1 Like

Since money equals speech now, they forgot about black people with money. Got to do something about that before it gets worse.

3 Likes

The cops are well aware of the cameras. They are just as aware that they get a paid vacation for a murder on video.

1 Like

Yes, honor the fucking flag. Then go out and pick cotton for The Massa. What a privilege, and they throw in CTE for free. Who are they supposed to be grateful too, exactly?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.