Bugs with the new BBS system

Sorry, minor issue with moving category under the title (versus in-front-of). @eviltrout is on it.

1 Like

(Is this the official bug-report thread, then?)

When Falcor moves posts to a different thread, it breaks like/reply notifications. They link to some unrelated post in the original thread now.

2 Likes

You mean moved after the like, but before you had seen the notification about the like?

I’m honestly not sure of the order.

Reply as a linked topic is active for the entire width of the gutter.

I personally dislike links that activate when you hover above whitespace, as opposed to only hover above some thing (text, image, whathaveyou).

Especially when I’m on a scroll-wheel-less trackball where I use left-and-right-clicks to turn on and off scrolling. I can’t tell you how many times a day I go through the “reply as a linked topic/cancel/are you sure?” dance because I wanted to stop scrolling. :-(

2 Likes

Number of replies is sometimes off (by 1?).

There are two replies now, but as soon as I posted the one it showed up with the number 2

repro steps? I have never seen that reported before, outside of spammers and deleted posts (but I see no deleted posts in that topic)

I typed a reply
hit the reply button
saw the “replies” counter pop into existence with the number 2.
Clicked it
Only saw the one reply show up.
Went to another tab, fiddled around for a minute or so, came back
saw it still said 2
clicked it
only saw the one reply show up.
F5 refreshed the page
Saw it still said 2
clicked it.
Saw two replies

The second must have been made very close to when I typed mine, although they appeared to be 60+ seconds apart (they showed as 2 mins apart).

This probably isn’t a bug in the BBS system, but I don’t know where else to ask.

This is how the BBS looks in Firefox 33.0 on Kubuntu (Linux) 14.04 64-bit:

It appears to be substituting fonts for the graphics.

This is how it should appear (Chromium 37, same operating system):

(and it appears fine using Firefox on Windows 7.) Any idea what’s going on?

Your httpsanywhere plugin is causing problems.

1 Like

:sunny: Thanks!

(It was using a rule for something called “Fastly” that, once disabled, allowed it to work.)

(To tell the truth, I’d forgotten I had that extension installed – the icon for it was no longer displayed in the toolbar. Probably after the update to Firefox’s new Australis UI. In my experience, HTTPS Everywhere’s caused more problems, such as with online payment systems, than it solved, to the point where I usually don’t use it.)

1 Like

guys…

I saw someone with a pic in their expansion. “what a neat new thing,” I thought. so i went to my profile to upload one. as soon as it loaded, it overwrote my profile pic also. so I did not click “save changes.” but it saved it anyway. and I no longer have the original pic on my hard drive anymore.

I’m mad.

1 Like

Hmm, not sure, related to @eviltrout recent changes? We are doing some stuff with the user card.

I’m really sorry to hear that. I’m not sure how this happened, I’ve just tested it locally and I can’t get it to overwrite my profile pic. Can you reproduce it and give me steps to follow? Because I’m at a loss to fix it, sorry!

maybe because I drag-and-dropped the file rather than used the file-upload button? what hapened:

1. go to profile
  2. scroll to expansion field, field above is showing my existing profile pic
  3. open finder, it covers up the profile pic field
  4. drag file down into expansion field, it loads
  5. close the finder, revealing new file in BOTH fields
  6. hit trash icon in expansion field, erasing the expansion field but new pic still in profile field
  7. navigate away to BBS without hitting “save changes”
  8. go to profile, it’s showing the new pic.
  9. go to bug thread, complain : P

will attempt a repro now

edit: yep, still doin it

EDIT2: using the file-upload buttons works correctly. also, no, I’m not really sure why I saved that pic of apu, it’s just what was handy.

2 Likes

Awesome, I will fix it Tomorrow.

2 Likes

oh, hey, would it be possible to change the typeface color to white when someone uploads a pic to the expansion? it took me like five tries to get a pic that contrasted with the text, and that was by selecting specifically for a very light subject.

witness:

“digital marketer, performartist, ???”

We need to use text with a background shadow there like we do on profiles.

2 Likes

When reading on my phone, (android 4.2), when I go back to a thread with new replies, it always, always dumps me twenty or so posts above the last post I read and I need to scroll down. I dunno if this has been mentioned, as I skimmed the last 200 or so posts since I last looked on this thread, sorry…

#I am Curious Yellow

2 Likes