Build curvy, complicated, organic structures with ZOOB

[Read the post]

2 Likes
  • male-female-male
  • female-female-male
  • female-male
  • female-female
  • female-female-female

Good god, this set has enough combinations to give Mitch McConnel the heebie-jeebies. And one combination in particular gets a sly wink.

3 Likes

No nonbinary representation though, I see…

Anyway. I had a set of these, and… okay, I wasn’t going to double entendre here but it’s happening anyway… with usage the female parts get loose and stop gripping the male parts as tightly, with the effect that the male parts just sort of flop around and aren’t as rigid.

Sigh.

You think LEGO only comes in rectangles?

these things are a little pinchy so be careful!

Oh, are these on the market again? Sweet! I had a few sets in…I wanna say the early '90s. Haven’t thought about them in ages.

There’s a surprising lack of internet info about their early incarnation. All I could find was a short Wikipedia article about their designer, who won a couple awards for them in the late '90s.

1 Like

I don’t know if it would work with something as apparently flimsy as these, but when I’ve had that problem with ball-joint action figures, I’ve found that building up the ball a bit with clear nail polish (and letting it dry thoroughly) helps make them fit well again.

Of course, with those toys the problem was usually that the soft-ish plastic has worn away, so building it up and making it slightly tacky puts things to rights. IIRC, Zoobs are more hard and glossy, and the grippers are quite thin, so the problem is probably that the socket is structurally weakened. You’d want to varnish the inside of the socket, rather than the ball, and even then I’m not sure if it would work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.