Lego storage bricks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/11/lego-storage-bricks.html

3 Likes

5 Likes

This guide to storing your Lego collection does not recommend these storage bricks:

Unfortunately, it is a deeply flawed product — small LEGO parts get stuck in the grooves (such as 1×1, Minifigure accessories, and Cheese Slopes).

Beyond this critical issue: they are really expensive, have square corners on this inside (making it harder to get small parts out of the box), the bright colors exactly match official LEGO colors (making it harder to find parts in that color), are not wide enough to spread parts around to find what you are looking for, and while the lids are hard to remove they don’t latch closed for travel.

2 Likes

These are surprisingly less expensive than I was expecting; but also surprising smaller too.

3 Likes

Storing small pieces in a vessel this size is pretty amateur hour. The 1x1 cylinder is fine for this. It’s true that they aren’t cheap but they are also on sale fairly often.

1 Like

Lego Storage Bricks: Foot pain for giants.

9 Likes

I do wish that BB had access to more than just “likes”. I am often filled with giggles by the stuff people post on here, and a bland “like” seems poor recompense.

3 Likes

many moons ago there was math that got to go round the ‘golden ratio’

Sounds like a terrible British snack that they stopped selling in the 70s.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Respectful Murmur of Amusement
Sensible Chuckle
Giggle
Guffaw
Chortle
Incontinent Cachinnation
Menacing Shriek of Glee

6 Likes

But it doesn’t have a convenient clickable icon I can award without triggering that sniffy comment about making too many replies :wink:

Edit: “Cachinnation”; that’s a new one too me. Thank you.

2 Likes

+1 Menacing Shriek of Glee for ‘Menacing Shriek of Glee’.

5 Likes

4 Likes

As my then 3-year-old advised: Don’t do somersaults on Legos

3 Likes

While you sleep:

8 Likes

Lego: The World’s Worst Reflexologists.

3 Likes

There really is a need for some design mojo aimed at the larger adult collection. Zip lock bags are affordable and versatile enough for an adult collection, but they’re just no fun to use. A modular system of containers that gracefully fills a footlocker, would just about be perfect.

I have a couple of those at the office to store bric-a-brac and brighten up the place a bit.
For “serious” storage needs my container of choice is the “Really Useful Box”. Because they really are.

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/index.php

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.