Bricktape for making sure LEGOs stay put

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/11/bricktape-for-making-sure-lego.html

3 Likes

This reuseable silicone bricktape makes sure my kids LEGOs stay on the shelf.

…maddeningly just out of reach. It’s the kind of shelf on sliders that I can raise a fraction of an inch each day, as little Junior grows.

6 Likes

Hahaha! I’ll bet Nemo came up with that wordplay, right? (Please say yes, because a “giant” complaint from Nemo is rich in nutritious irony ; -)

Does it hurt when you stand on it?

3 Likes

Just the obligatory post stating that the Plural of LEGO is LEGO. Just as you can have one sheep, or many sheep, but never sheeps.

4 Likes

Christ, now I have to respect a toy’s pronouns? (toys’ pronouns?)

(Aside: It registered legos.com.)

I backed nimuno (now mayka) when the released the original version of this on indiegogo. The stuff is amazing with great, strong, forgiving adhesive. They also make “receiver” tape (shaped like the bottom of a lego block instead of a top) so you can attach lego to the underside of something (or tape the underside of something and attach that to lego as well.

I’m not sure if the knockoff version Jason linked to is the same flexibility and adhesive wise or not, but if it is, it’s a great purchase and lots of fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s mainly just a personal annoyance, but:

https://www.lego.com/en-US/legal/legal-notice/fair

Proper Use of the LEGO Trademark on a Web Site
If the LEGO trademark is used at all, it should always be used as an adjective, not as a noun. For example, say “MODELS BUILT OF LEGO BRICKS”. Never say "MODELS BUILT OF LEGOs.

Also it seems to be a USA’ism, as in it’s fairly unusual to be seen outside of the USA

3 Likes

Yep I’ve only ever heard US Americans say “Legos”. Just sounds wrong to me as I was brought up saying “Lego”.

2 Likes

Take flat brick in the right size. Drill hole(s) in it. Use screw(s) to fix flat brick on shelf (or wherever).

1 Like

I’d be interested in a comparison between the Mayka tape (the product you and I backed this past spring, the one that got all the media attention) and the various off-brands that saw the excitement ent and rushed to get their product to market first. A lot of the LEGO review sites have only tested the knockoffs because it took so long for the Mayka people to get their product out there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.