Build your own Boring Company flamethrower!

Yup. Actual flamethrowers are illegal in Cali and Maryland, but legal in the rest of the US. Outlawing propane weed torches would be pointless and insane. You may as well outlaw butane torches and camp stoves while you’re at it. A, the flames don’t get all that hot except right near the nozzle because the vapor flame dissipates quickly. B, propane and butane are ubiquitous because they’re incredibly stable. They’re not going to accidentally spill out and light anything on fire. And C, by design the user is present and holding the trigger every moment it burns. You’re more likely to cause a fire by forgetting to turn off your stove or clean your dryer’s lint trap. Stop the menace of home appliances!

Video of what an actual flamethrower can do…

Boring Company’s next product: zippo lighter fuel-air bomb.
(okay, that was a little snarky)

2 Likes

I dunno about edgy, but slick. Its a hella lot cooler looking than the shit at Walmart.

1 Like

It works great for my weedkilling needs (my property’s on a drinking water stream, so it’s not ethical for me to use roundup®) but I definitely take your point, for me it’s just a job at this point, not fun hijinks.

2 Likes

Useless, weak capitalist technology.

You want to clear snow with torch, you need sturdy Russian flamethrower:

(That’s yesterday’s Soyuz 2-1A launch of robotic cargo freighter Progress MS-08 from the Baikonur Cosmodrome, on its way to the ISS.)

5 Likes

I thought it was to get a little extra cash together and distract from the supply chain issues with the new Delorean Model 3.

And distract from Elom Musk’s failure to revolutionise tunnelling and/or urban transport.

1 Like

Step one- buy a weed burner from Ace Hardare
Step two- there is no step two, unless you want to decorate it.

1 Like

I remember making a flamethrower in college. We found an old pump fire extinguisher, filled it half full of gasoline and floated some dry ice on top. Then we pumped it up and lit it. Worked like a charm, and could singe the tops of trees. I do not recommend this though. It is a bit hazardous. I remember too one of my pyro friends saying, just before he lit off a homemade cherry bomb, “If I die, I’ll really be pissed.” When you are young you think you are bulletproof, but things that can go boom can kill you or at least maim you, and flamethrowers likewise.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.