Building a miniature abandoned laboratory inside of a hollow book

Originally published at: Building a miniature abandoned laboratory inside of a hollow book | Boing Boing

8 Likes

This is outstanding, thanks for pointing it out! I really enjoyed how dense the video was with specific tips and reasons for using certain techniques.

6 Likes

I could watch miniature making videos all day. Thanks for introducing me to Queen City Minis! I’ve added her to my list. Here are a few of my other favorites y’all may enjoy. I’ve got tons of others I subscribe to as well. Always looking for more!

9 Likes

Really great stuff. I’ve forwarded this to my wife, she’s been doing small 1/12th “famous novel” scenes, like a Beowulf diorama, and one from Hamlet EDIT: Macbeth Witches scene I should have said.

6 Likes

Amazing! Thank you Gar for sharing this.

1 Like

:scream_cat:

3 Likes

This was one of her first. Her work keeps getting better and better, and I of course keep encouraging it. It’s in a box that can be closed up (lid is down in the image, the tables are glued to it).

6 Likes

This is a Canadian accent?

1 Like

Great list!.

Here’s another one for your queue.

I always like these videos:

His technique of painting the entire diorama black then re-painting all the ground and vegetation gives very impressive results. I doubt I will ever have the nerve to try it though :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks! Great video. I gasped when he primed everything black. LOL.

2 Likes

This is a treasure trove. I need to watch those to improve my vfx miniatures.

2 Likes

I was originally confused why the video was soo much longer when he was basically finished. Then I realized my finished is his basic prep work.

Maybe one day I’ll try airbrushing static grass like that, but it looks intimidating to start.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.