Building that looks like a basket to become luxury hotel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/24/building-that-looks-like-a-bas.html

Everyone knows you can’t spell “luxury” without … Newark, Ohio?

4 Likes

Now that we’re all in this basket, I can guess where we’re going.

Pretty much.

12 Likes

It’s not that much weirder than the locations of a lot of other rural luxury hotels. It’s beautiful countryside within a reasonable travel distance of a good size city.

3 Likes

It doesn’t have the Nazi appeal of an old flak tower in Hamburg, Germany, but we’ll take what we can get if we’re in Newark, OH.

10 Likes

Next we need a Medical Mechanica building shaped like a giant iron

7 Likes

My first thought… really Newark Ohio? who needs luxury accommodations there?

1 Like

…but it’s only 70 miles from Circleville, home to:

4 Likes

Beautiful country side? it’s the middle of Ohio. It’s cornfields. Don’t get me wrong there’s pretty parts of ohio. Central ohio? not so much.

4 Likes

Here’s what it looked like from the outside a few weeks ago

Bummer. This is the first I’d heard Longaberger went under. I have a bunch of their baskets and they’re very nice.

2 Likes

Hey Boo Boo, I bet there are so many treats in that pic-a-nic basket over there!

6 Likes

Depending on what land they buy nearby, they pick up some woods and they are ten minutes from Blackhand Gorge. There are nice hotels working with a lot less.

5 Likes

There are some quite nice parts to Central Ohio.

Granted, this is off a fake interstate (OH-16) exit in the outer portion of a fairly non-descript, decaying Ohio town; and is not really one of them.

But Blackhand Gorge is quite nice, and isn’t too far from there. Quite a few of our Metro Parks are quite nice. And there is something charming about agricultural land; not that there is any within sight of the basket.

(And yes, if you do a Google Maps search for 1524 East Main Street, Newark OH; the “Sat” photo shows the Basket Building quite nicely. Right next to the Line-X of Newark; so you can get your luxury truck lined while you’re there, too.)

1 Like

Now I know where to put all my eggs.

Thank you. I’ll be here all week. Try the veal.

It’s in the basket.

11 Likes

They need giant puppies and kittens on top. Just sayin

2 Likes

You beat me to it. Though, bears at that scale stop being funny pretty quick.

2 Likes

Thank god Longaberger didn’t make sex toys.

6 Likes

I tried to lift it.

8 Likes

They could do something with the handles… a ride of some sort!

1 Like