Bundle up for winter with this adorable GIF

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/10/bundle-up-for-winter-with-this.html

6 Likes

You’d think that someone who has that much trouble staying warm in winter would have more functional headwear than a more-fashionable-than-functional hat and a loosely-draped scarf.

Are either of her ears even covered? At the sort of temperatures where that kind of layering is necessary, I’d be seriously worried about losing those ears to frostbite.

…And she’d really be much warmer with a tight-fitting base layer of merino wool or polyester (or some other sweat-wicking material).

12 Likes

At least she can put her arms down.

11 Likes

Awww, you! You really had me going there for a moment. Nobody in the whole world could be that grumpy over a cute gif, not even on the interwebs…

(a beat)

…could they?

10 Likes

Every one who goes to the South Pole gets one of these…

11 Likes

But they aren’t enough alone. Insulated (or at least thick) footwear with wool socks; a real hat and gloves/mittens/combo; some combination of hood, balaclava, scarf and/or neck gaiter to cover every bit of neck and head; insulated snow pants; and layers underneath, both top AND bottom…now you’re good to go.

7 Likes

Balaclava, then the inner-hood, then the very thick cap, then the under-hood, then hood, then scarf, then take it all off because you have to put on (find) the glasses you should have put back on immediately after the balaclava. Give yourself extra points if after all layers are back on, including your glasses, you have also remembered to have your gloves (both) close at hand. Double points for finding the door the first time, since your glasses have been fogged over ever since the balaclava. Triple points for having remembered to apply your headset somewhere under there and having your desired device charged and handy. No points for excessive cursing. (excessive being defined as having caused a child to repeat the curse. If they just laugh when they hear you cursing, that’s a pass.)

6 Likes

Meanwhile, in Australia…

10 Likes

the first light blue layer looks like it could be a wicking layer - just sayin

Go outside, then remember to put on chapstick.

I have nice thick gloves that have a nice elastic band around the wrist. Which makes the open end flare out, which untuck themselves from my jacket sleeves at the slightest movement, letting in cold air. So I have to add in the “pull the velcro strap tight on the jacket sleeves” step.

Of course, I’ve also forgotten to get the keys out of my pocket.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.