Buried in the TOS: free Starbucks refills

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/19/buried-in-the-tos-free-starbu.html

3 Likes

There’s signs in the Starbucks near me for this, unless I’ve missed something about the article. (The link doesn’t work, btw, just redirects to ‘free’)

4 Likes

You can also get a free refill after 2:00PM with your Starbucks card if you bought a coffee in the morning.

4 Likes

Yeah this is pretty common knowledge.

4 Likes

Pretty common knowledge, but always good to share.

Honestly, I’m shocked there isn’t a RomCom where someone doesn’t leave a 24hr Starbucks in order to keep getting coffee.

8 Likes

I had four hours between appointments today and with a heat-index of around 40ºC (like 170ºF for you normal Americans), I decided to sit in Starbucks, raid the Pokémon Gym there (my first Meetoo [and an armored one at that]), and quaff down 6 iced teas - all but the first being free.

Other tricks: if you get a “fancy drink” like a latte, you can get a refill of normal coffee if you need more of a caffeine fix.

8 Likes

Are there romantic comedies about homeless people staying up all night because they’ve got nowhere else to go? Characters like that aren’t usually presented as relationship material in fiction :thinking:

9 Likes

A cup of Fizbin please.

5 Likes

This would be useful to me if only I had any desire to use the Starbucks app, sign up for a Starbucks card, or drink Starbucks coffee.

14 Likes

The article seems to imply that this applies to cold brew coffee, but I’m not seeing that in the TOS:

Free refill(s) of hot or iced brewed coffee and tea

Someone at Lifehacker needs to understand that iced brewed coffee and cold brew coffee are very different things.

8 Likes

is it this?

8 Likes

There’s the one with a homeless Tom Hanks and that volleyball…

4 Likes

What is Starbucks again? Wasn’t he a character on Battlestar Galactica?

7 Likes

This Starbucks is visible at Google Maps Street View here.

2 Likes

their coffee is actually quite good, assuming you have plenty of money to waste and don’t want to buy local. Me, it’s Cafe Bustelo brewed at home and I’m happy.

5 Likes

And they cribbed him from Moby Dick.

4 Likes

It’s tolerable, but way overpriced, typically burnt and loaded up with so much cream and sugar you can’t taste it anyway.

In Austin alone, there’s over a dozen good local coffee shops and roasters where a cuppa can be had for the same or less, and without the interminable lines.

8 Likes

That’s true, Mr. Naugatuck. Mr. Nibblekeg. Mr Queequeg.

1 Like

no, its burned

5 Likes

It’s good for any kind of brewed coffee refill, including cold brew. My Starbucks is actually pretty liberal with refills; you can come back in any time the same day and get a free refill with the Starbucks card. I got a brewed coffee this morning, came back after lunch for a venti cold brew for free.

You can’t really condemn Starbucks coffees for being too sugary; just buy coffee that doesn’t have any sweetening in it. Easy peasy.

3 Likes