Bus Comics

Here’s a story behind it: I was riding a trolleybus and noticed an ad for transport advertisement.

Only on a later viewing I noticed that each bus on the picture was actually different, with easily readable personality.

So I decided to draw a comic about these guys, and got two strips up:

Text:
Panel 1: “I wonder if buses live on the Moon?”
Panel 3: “I am Darth Obus! Your planet will be replaced with my Death Highway!”
Panel 4: “Not so fast!”

Text:
Panel 1: “Your itinerary ends here, Auto-Bushi!”
Panel 3: “He attacks with passengers! I can’t harm them!”

So, how’s it?

I get that it’s a Star Wars reference, but beyond that, I don’t really get it (assuming there’s anything to “get.”) Seeing it on the internet seems kinda meh. I would think it was awesome if I saw a print-out posted on the bus under the original, though.

I like the idea of using the busses as characters. The storyline doesn’t seem to use them very effectively, though; we don’t get a lot of their individual personalities and it doesn’t build on the fact that they are busses except for the observation that busses carry passengers.

Good observation, promising idea, needs a better sense of where it’s going and better gagwriting but that may come with practice. Keep trying?

I like the idea, keep going!

(I usually ride the bus to work, and yes, unless theiy’re brand new every bus is a little different.)

Once complete, you should publish the series as a Darth Obus Bus Comic Omnibus.

That one asian bus is kind of racist.

Second from the right in the original lineup? I imagined he’s an alien, not an asian.

Yeah, looks like it’s operating in Roswell.
Hey, shuttle service to Area 51!

This topic was automatically closed after 1163 days. New replies are no longer allowed.