Busking rock band does Cream cover on Belfast street

Thanks for the info. I have to look for Mr. Otis.

I think there was a blues scene here, but it was a small niche. The movie “opened” the eyes of a part of the youth in the early 1990´s and we started to pay attention to venues and local bands.

Buskers aren´t part of out culture. I think only recently we could see some people playing for money in the streets.

2 Likes

I love his playing on this (even if FZ thought it was “too busy”).

2 Likes

oh, far out! my old roommate used to play the cd issue of apostrophe/overnight sensation on one cd a lot. I never knew that was bruce on bass but that makes total sense that zappa would headhunt him.
never a zappa head, but those two were some tight albums.

1 Like

It sounds like a PS5 videogame.

2 Likes

Yea: the devil’s guitarist in the climactic head-cuttin’ context for Willie Brown’s soul was shredder extraordinaire Steve Vai. He also actually wrote and played the Paganini-esque “Eugene’s Trick Bag” shred bit that defeated…himself “Jack Butler”. (As if Vai couldn’t make that bend at the 22nd fret!)

IIRC, Ry Cooder played the very olde style bluesy stuff and Arlen Roth (?) coached Macchio in making it all look and sound cool.

I was watching the entire run of David Simon’s The Deuce and had no idea I was watching Ralph Macchio play a 1970s rotten NYPD cop. It’s as if he grew up er somethin’.

2 Likes

Not to take away from the discussion about these three talented and beautiful artists, but as other posters have mentioned, this was originally a Robert Johnson song. Robert Johnson was an American treasure, and it’s a shame he doesn’t get more recognition. If you want to know more, look here …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.