But I don't WANT closure!

1 Like

4 Likes

I was kind of having a conversation in progress at the time of closure so my sadness is :frowning: rather than :frowning2: to the point where I’m actually considering PMing @OtherMichael despite my (irrational) terror of PMs.

But I guess I can kind of see a point in a thread that long going kaput? I just got there though. :crying_cat_face:

5 Likes

Is it a particular PM? or just all of them?

even dreamy Justin?

6 Likes

So, is this now where we play questions?

1 Like

Also, I met Amy Schumer’s boyfriend today and he is as handsome as all goddamned get out. The internet is right on that point.

1 Like

Justin is pretty dreamy. But I’m terrified of dreamy people too so it’s x^2 as bad.

2 Likes

Who’s that guy holding the PM? He looks like he might be considering some unnatural act!

2 Likes

Doesn’t the practice of asking questions imply epistemic closure, though?

Should we just wiki all of the posts in the original questions thread…? Or at least the last one?

2 Likes

How did this happen?

I needed a replacement camera and shopped craigslist. It turned out that he was looking to unload some camera gear because he just moved to a different system.

So we had coffee today and chatted about his work and stuff while inspecting camera and money and made the deal.

I can see what she sees in him.

6 Likes

That’s a d**n good idea!

2 Likes

Does that mean we can just go back through our posts and keep asking new questions?

5 Likes

So dreamy tho…

2 Likes

There’s a guy on my hockey team that looks entirely too much like him!

1 Like

I voted NDP last time (which is saying something for an old Québec Red Liberal), mainly because I thoroughly disagree with TPP and C51, but my translation partner agrees with you about Justin’s dreaminess, and turned out the Thai vote for the Liberals in Hull-Aylmer (even though she couldn’t vote herself).

She’ll be back later this year to work on her Masters. Do not be surprised if, 15 or so years down the road, we end up with a Thai female prime minister - I think she’s caught the bug.

3 Likes

I live in Jack Laytons old riding, so I voted NDP because I just assumed the 'hood would go orange like normal… and its always pleasant to vote with one’s conscience. So shocked at the red red red of the results map! My hood has been orange forever! Mulclair knocked on my door for pete’s sake! Nope, red as far as the eye can see.

He is changing my mind a bit though, and not just with his dreamyness. :wink:
Its just so pleasant to have someone so positive and upbeat and optimistic in charge you know? (I still wonder about the Canada that could have been if Layton had lasted… /sigh)

My own mind will change when TPP and C51 are gone. His old man would be turning in his grave.

It is nice that there is less science denial, more liberal social policies, perhaps a bit more transparency, but if we leave in place neo-con economic and security policies, it will eventually be as if liberal democracy never existed in the country: we will eventually end up with an outright oligarchical police state. I despair for humanity because the entire world is trending that way, and there is no sign that the oligarchs are capable of looking ahead past “My children will lord it over everyone else because we have all the dough.”

That’s a vain hope if the conditions necessary to amass all the dough leave the planet wrecked.

Myself, I’m in Ottawa Centre - normally the orangest riding in the orangest city in the country - but like everywhere else, it all went red.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 311 days. New replies are no longer allowed.