Butcher blows air into lungs of bison in facsinating biology demonstration

Originally published at: Butcher blows air into lungs of bison in facsinating biology demonstration | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Butcher, poet, philosopher, whatever. It’s all just labels. Find your bliss! :grinning:

10 Likes

I trust she checked to ensure the animal didnt have bovine respiratory disease first.

Cool demo though

8 Likes

That’s not how I remember it from my first aid training.

7 Likes

Your emergency flotation device is under your seat.

6 Likes

Now I want some haggis.

7 Likes

You misspelled “udderly fascinated”

4 Likes

How terribly long I’ve waited to share this joke about a bull and blowing air:

A rancher has a cross-eyed bull that keeps bumping into things. He calls up the vet to try to remedy the problem. The vet says, “I think the best thing is to stick a pipe up your bull’s ass and blow very hard and the bull’s eyes will straighten out.” The vet – a 70-year-old man – inserts the pipe and blows as hard as he can. The bull’s eyes begin to straighten, but the vet soon loses his breath and the bull’s eyes are crossed again. The vet gives it another try but again loses his breath. The vet looks at the rancher and says, “You look like a strong man, why don’t you give it a try." The rancher agrees then takes the pipe out of the bull’s ass, turns it around, and sticks it back in. He then begins to blow. “What in the hell did you do that for?”, says the vet. Rancher replies, "You don’t think I’m gonna put my mouth on the same end of the pipe that you had yours on.”

7 Likes

Something about this explanation leaves me wanting more explanation

4 Likes

Her poetic description of the thin line between humans and other species makes me so happy to be a vegetarian.

Just like when my cardiac surgeon thought I’d need a valve replacement, and asked if I wanted “beef or pork”. The reality that one of those animals’ parts could so easily become a part of my own body says a lot.

4 Likes

There was a fascinating series on the radio about the anatomy of animals which involved lots of dissection. If it had been film rather than audio I might have given it a squeamish swerve.

I thought we agreed that giving wild animals mouth-to-mouth resuscitation was not a good idea.

Sorry, but I don’t think that one’s gonna make it.

1 Like

You were familiar with the other way of inflating the lungs via the mouth, I presume.

1 Like

[quote=“bobtato, post:9, topic:256437”]

The wonder of biology. Perhaps something to do with the huge endorphin rush he gets from blowing up bison’s lungs.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.