Butterfly Center in TX forced to shut down after QAnoners make bizarre, 'credible threats'

A veritable who’s who of Reich Winger / GQP / Qnuts and wannabe douche bags.

Big pass on that…

8 Likes

14 Likes

Cross the border on a butterfly-powered raft?

2 Likes

It sounds like you’re organizing a “Can’t Stand America” rally. How can I participate?

It could work!

The sooner that America realizes it’s a CULT and starts calling them as such, the better. It’s a cult of personality. Always has been.

2 Likes

Sure,

“A butterfly drinks a turtle’s tears…”

But how do you know he really needs it??

WAKE UP, PUPAE!

7 Likes

Wasn’t this the place that had the big Trump/wall supporter, who got upset when it suddenly dawned on him that the wall would be going through the sanctuary?

That’s what’s so disturbing - it could literally be anything. Anyone who just happens to be in the way of their most recent delusion (literally, physically, in the way, in this case), anyone involved in something that they’ve suddenly decided is “code” for something else anyone who knows someone that suddenly becomes a target (or just has a similar name)… the possibilities are both endless and arbitrary.

It isn’t really, though. Trump is a key figure, but he’s not the cult leader. He just tries (and sometimes fails) to take advantage of it. What’s weird about this cult is there is no leader. It didn’t get started by some charismatic figure, but anonymous postings by various people on the web, propagated by Facebook algorithms. (Which makes it seem even more like its members are uncovering the truth for themselves rather than being brainwashed.) If there is a “cult leader,” it’s just a Facebook algorithm.

13 Likes

We were alerted to this event on Friday, Jan. 21, following a visit by a congressional candidate from Virginia.

Oh, god. My adopted state is trying to catch up with Floriduh. I am NOT HAPPY about this shift to VirginUH.

8 Likes

The Handmaid’s Tale didn’t mention butterflies, but by then the Q-morons will have probably exterminated them all.

1 Like

How is this Kolfage asshole not in prison?

5 Likes

Indictment means he hasn’t been tried, yet. And he probably paid bail with the mooched money.

2 Likes

Note to Admiral Pubic:

Jungle camouflage won’t hide you on a boat.

8 Likes

You might want to take their seminar in Biblical Citizenship to find out!

1 Like

Ugh.
I really need to step up our efforts to get outta here.
Granted, McAllen is pretty far from Austin. I just can’t tell any more how much of the stupid is catching and likely to expand to central Texas. We already have crazy-train people out here (writin’ insurrection slideshows about how to coup and under-regulated water-grabbin’ and welcoming our new tech bro overlord Elon Musk).

I mean, besides regular Texas politics as usual.

:eyes:
:door:
:stopwatch:

7 Likes

I assume you are referencing the employee who voted for Trump and was then upset about the wall

The center has been fighting the wall since at least 2017. The Executive Director Marianna Treviño-Wright has written
"We will not stand idly by as the bulldozers roll in,” she wrote. “We will not wait to be heard, until sometime after our land has been seized and destroyed for this racist wall.”

21 Likes

I thought that center (and neighbors) have been fighting against it for years:

There was a Trump-supporting golf course owner who started fighting against it after he found out it would affect his business, though.

People overlook the money grab part of it. Those folks attending marches and rallies are the useful idiots helping the puppet masters like this (FTA):

Many of these rumors are pushed by Brian Kolfage, the leader of an eight-figure fundraising effort to privately build Trump’s border wall

ETA: Here’s the golf course owner:

17 Likes

Not even shades- full color copy. Kolfage has accused the center and it’s executive director of sex trafficking children

I do not know

13 Likes

And this is another example of why the rest of the world looks on at the Bizzarro-land USA and wonders why the US still considers themselves to be the bastion of the free world.

4 Likes

The title of this Q Anon circle jerk sounds like poorly translated Russian agitprop. Then again Flynn is involved so…

4 Likes