Buy a Balenciaga sack modeled after a plastic garbage bag for $1790

soooo much mathhhhhhh

2 Likes

But seriously, the math of wealth inequality is hard to grasp when it comes to billionaires. That’s what leads ordinary folk, even quite wealthy ones, to say a $1790 garbage bag is ridiculous compared to a $0.27 plastic one, when to Musk the difference isn’t worth thinking about.

6 Likes

POC, not POS (Point of Sale)?

2 Likes

Came here for this.

I’ll just say that it’s not likely me, that they’re trolling.

Proof Of Concept. I.e. a demo, but one specific to the environment it’ll get used in to make sure that it’s a good fit.

Example: [RedactedCo] ran a proof of concept for two competing backup appliances in our lab to determine which was the better fit; while they both did quite well (they both checked off all the “required functionality” boxes) the more expensive one had additional features and functionality built into it.

2 Likes

Thanks.

3 Likes

I got two for a Euro trip. Wanted something I could shove the whole back pack etc into for the plane ride etc. It worked! I got both an old canvas one and a newer nylon one. Turns out I liked the nylon one more.

Felt like a bit of an idiot before learning how to close the thing. Clever.

1 Like

I got mine when I served in the military, so it was one of the standard canvas ones. Still miss it to this day. Sucker could swallow a whole closet AND dresser.

This might even be too kitsch for the most tasteless daughter of a Russian oligarch.

2 Likes

There really is no doubt that Balenciaga has been speculative style, experimental fashion, performance art, and a way to simultaneously extract money from rich fools.

So yes driving trollies, driving trollies of the highest order.

high-heeled crocs for $DEITY’s sake

1 Like

Just saw the tag on this post, and as someone with an affinity for DnD, I salute Jennifer Sandlin:

despicable me animation GIF

2 Likes

Reality keeps one-upping our satire. No joke here, just disbelief and despair.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.