CA Governor Jerry Brown endorses Clinton in advance of June 7th primary

[Read the post]

1 Like

26 Likes

“Next January, I want to be sure that it is Hillary Clinton who takes the oath of office, not Donald Trump.” For those of us who are delusional enough to think that there is a chance to stop the takeover of our democracy by the corporate/banking monopolists, this stance by Brown is depressing. Although he may right, he could be wrong. I disagree with his analysis of Hillary’s strengths but I am not the governor of anything. I just hate to watch as the preordained candidate is manipulated into an unchallengeable position that will continue the covert strangle hold of the elites who paid for her. .

20 Likes

The dude has been part of the Democratic Party machine for forty-five years. Not likely he’s going to stray off the party line at this point, especially in favor of someone who’s in second place.

14 Likes

14 Likes

I think Clintonites deeply and fundamentally fail to grasp just how despised their favored candidate is by… nearly everyone who isn’t a Clintonite.

I know a lot of people who are utterly appalled by Trump, but who, when presented with the hypothetical choice of Clinton vs. Trump, twist their faces into expressions of agonized disgust, and declare that alone could cause them to vote for Trump.

11 Likes

Unfortunately, the Democratic agenda is perfectly aligned with the corporate agenda. More power to Wall Street, more death rained on Muslim countries, and a more intrusive surveillance state aimed at U.S. citizens.

18 Likes

Of course she has a high negatives, the Sanders backers have been attacking Clinton non-stop since the campaign began.

Look how quickly the Republicans have coalesced around Trump and how that’s improved his general polling numbers.

Clinton will become a lot more likeable once people realize its Clinton vs Trump.

3 Likes

[quote=“aluchko, post:8, topic:78878”]
Look how quickly the Republicans have coalesced around Trump and how that’s improved his general polling numbers.[/quote]
If true, the same thing would have happened if the Dems rallied around Sanders. But you are wrong, there is a long list of GOP that is against trump, he is an outsider and the establishment hates that.

Not even close. The complacent and comfortable Dems are already onboard for Clinton. Everyone else wants change and they know Hillary ain’t it.

10 Likes

His aura smiles, and never frowns…

8 Likes

[quote=“vonbobo, post:9, topic:78878”]
If true, the same thing would have happened if the Dems rallied around Sanders.[/quote]

Yes, it would have. But he still lost the race.

Mostly the hate has to do with the fact that he’s absolutely terrible person who’s a serious threat to the US and the stability of the world.

But even then then Lindsey Graham who compared nominating Trump to getting shot is now supporting Trump. The #neverTrumps are doing a lot of Trumping.

4 Likes

But it isn’t. The Libertarian Party are currently polling around 10%, who knows what the Green Party will get if Sanders loses and Hillary focuses on votes from the centre right.

9 Likes

I get the other ones, but Bernie Sanders was/is fighting to spread love?

Of course, everybody you know hates Clinton, therefore everybody hates Clinton. Just where those millions of votes came from is a mystery. Probably Goldman-Sachs. And Wasserman-Schultz, she probably voted at least two million times.

8 Likes

I can’t wrap my head around anyone despising someone they don’t know. I don’t despise Donald Trump. I think he would make a terrible President, but despise him?

It is super bizarre to me that there is a group of people people who nearly froth at the mouth about Hillary Clinton. I can’t figure out what she has done that is worth such intensely negative feelings.

8 Likes

I’m guessing the nevertrumps can’t envision voting for anything not Republican and will reluctantly vote Republican, like they have always done.
The folks that don’t want to vote for Hillary see a bigger problem with politics that Hillary won’t fix. It’s bigger than RvsD.

7 Likes

Why not RVD? Retrenchment, Venality, and Disharmony, forever?

4 Likes

I think Sanderites deeply and fundamentally fail to grasp that while Clinton has a fair to moderate chance of collecting the middle-ground, low-information Independents necessary for a win, Bernie Sanders has no chance of collecting the middle-ground, low-information Independents necessary for a win. And that, they are effectively the Naders of this campaign. Yes, Sanders can keep going and gloriously leading his followers, and he’ll lead them right into a Trump Presidency.

So, half loaf or no loaf. We’re all out of full loaves at the President store.

3 Likes

And they’re so upset at these bigger problems, that rather than settle for a competent technocrat who will address “only” some of these problems, they’d rather have a perilously dangerous demagogue who will address none of these problems, and will appoint a Conservative SCOTUS that will be with us for the next 30 years.

1 Like

Well for starters she was born with the wrong gender. If you thought the reaction to the first black president was bad, wait till you see the misogyny come out for the first woman president. And Trump knows a thing or two about misogyny.

10 Likes