CA Governor Jerry Brown endorses Clinton in advance of June 7th primary

What’s so crazy about peace, love, and understanding?

6 Likes

Trouble is, Clinton is likely to do that too. And she’s also likely to address none of those other problems. She’s Mrs. Let The Rich Get Richer (Especially Me), and a warhawk to boot. And her bona fides as a woman who would do anything more for women than Obama did for black people are every bit as fake as Thatcher’s were.

15 Likes

You really believe Clinton would appoint a Conservative SCOTUS?

I’m sorry but I can’t understand what you’re possibly basing that belief on. You either have an extremely unorthodox definition of “Conservative SCOTUS” (one Sanders would likely fail as well), or you’re thinking of Clinton from an alternate universe.

6 Likes

Not an alternative universe. This one where Clinton counts Kissinger as friend and mentor.

11 Likes

Her husband appointed RBG and Breyer. Do you honestly think she’s going to appoint someone their politically polar opposite?

5 Likes

Yes. Right. I like Nate Silver’s take on it, how her “strategy” is to get more “people” to “vote” for her.

3 Likes

Yes. You should take a look out of something other than the Overton Window. Here, for instance:

6 Likes

This statement from Jerry Brown is certainly tepid. “because I believe this is the only path forward to win the presidency and stop the dangerous candidacy of Donald Trump.”

He says she can get things done. Meh, that’s not much of an endorsement…

4 Likes

I know you’re not supposed to judge a book by it’s cover…

but when the cover is an illustration of Hillary Clinton pointing a gun at the reader I’m not expecting a particularly balanced critique.

Oh, and I do appreciate how your justification is a link to a HRC hit job, rather than some evidence of her preference for Conservative judges or even an example of whom you think she might nominate. Apparently a claim that Clinton is bad suffices as evidence that she’d nominate Conservative justices.

1 Like

Hillary Clinton is an pro-gun control, pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-equal pay, pro-environment, pro-public campaign financing and pro-immigration. In what universe does she appoint another Scalia?

2 Likes

This is part of the demonization that Bernie supporters have to engage in to justify their opposition. It’s completely without a basis in reality. When you strip away Sanders’ impossibly liberal policies (like Medicare for All and Fully Paid College) there’s very little difference between the two.

Clinton’s nominees are going to be at least as liberal as Merrick Garland. Possibly (hopefully) much more so.

2 Likes

Well for starters she was born with the wrong gender. If you thought the reaction to the first black president was bad, wait till you see the misogyny come out for the first woman president. And Trump knows a thing or two about misogyny.

Horseshit. Because Clinton is the only female option? No coincidence that no other Democratic women ran, just like Sanders was the only contender allowed to run.

Let’s run this experiment again with Warren running. This cycle is turning into a dogpile by Clinton-bros.

10 Likes

I really, really hope he doesn’t get confirmed. I know why Obama picked him, but he should have just gone for more ambitious choices like his previous ones. If he doesn’t withdraw him before Nov he’ll definitely get confirmed.

I expect Clinton to appoint pretty reasonable choices, although I doubt she’ll get another RBG (I expect it’d be hard to get someone like that through this Senate).

3 Likes

I just find the whole thing to be deeply frustrating.

There’s a subset of Sanders supporters who are completely detached from reality. And that’s fine, it’s not a criticism of Sanders that happens with any group. I don’t support Sanders for the Democrats but I can see good reasons why someone would support him, even to follow him in his fight to the convention.

But the rational Sanders supporters, the ones who don’t think Clinton is actually a Republican, who do realize his favourability numbers would take a hit once the attack ads started, they’re just sitting on the sidelines when this nonsense comes up. They’re letting the ignorant take control of the conversation because they don’t want to discourage their allies.

This is how the Republican party was broken, elements of the base started spewing insanity and the elites stood by because it built enthusiasm. Eventually the ignorant gained more influence than the elites and they ended up choosing between Trump and Cruz.

What’s the point of creating a movement to replace the elites if that movement is dominated by nonsense?

2 Likes

A universe next to the one where she appoints another employee of the oligarchy? The conservative Supreme Court has already allowed social justice to move forward. Clinton has absolutely no history of moving anything forward for economic justice. Or social justice, really. She’s been to the right of the Supremes on pretty much every non-partisan, non-poll-following issue.

6 Likes

My twitter account is (substantially) older than Clinton’s support for gay marriage.

But I think she can be relied on to (half-heartedly, and late) move with the times. She’ll never be a leader on social issues. But she’ll get behind the right side once it gets to 50.1% support nationally. Which isn’t great, but it’s okay (incidentally, what I expect her Presidency to be like).

I’d still like to see those Wall St speech transcripts, though.

12 Likes

Exactly. I don’t believe the Republican politicians are as stupid as they pretend they are. Behind the curtains they play a game of good cop bad cop with the dems in effort to keep the masses divided. They are all winners making big money, why do they care who sits in the big house?

2 Likes

I’m voting for hope, not fear.

6 Likes

Right there with you.

3 Likes

I voted for Sen. Sanders, and it’s a united front against the fascist threat from here in, local races to the POTUS.

6 Likes