CA police raid medical weed dispensary, eat edibles, destroy cameras

It was linked to from the episode notes of the Planet Money podcast where they were talking about Ganjapreneurs in Seattle and how they have a really raw deal compared with the Canadians when it comes to having access to basic financial services. Like banking. And being able to take debit and credit cards. And insurance.

The only credit union in Washington accepting recreational pot businesses at the time had a 3, 300 page binder set for the terms and conditions for doing business with Ganjapreneurs.

2 Likes

Come on guys! They are obviously just some bad apples, very high bad apples.

3 Likes

That’s funny… I’ve never once been robbed at gunpoint by a bushel of fujis or honeycrisps. Although I have been choked out by a red delicious or two in my time.

2 Likes

well you know what they say: “One bad apple a day to chase your high away.”

1 Like

I’m not a racist, but red delicious apples are awful, and I can’t believe anyone buys them. They have bitter, thick waxy skin that gets stuck between teeth, the flesh isn’t particularly tasty, and it’s mealy like it was bred to immatate what you get if you mix playdoh and cornstarch. And they go bad really fast.

4 Likes

2 Likes

I agree with that. (I think they’ve gotten worse.) These days I use them for making a fruit-veggie mash in a blender, which works because you can’t tell what they were like when whole.

1 Like

Totally agree. Red Delicious is an awful apple, but all apples make decent cider and applesauce.

I gotta say, I haven’t always had good results with fermented ones. Sometimes it’s a mellow thing, and sometimes the result is a lot more, I don’t know, aggressive.

1 Like

So you can get insurance for storm damage and fires and earthquakes but can you get insurance in case of Cops? Seems like that might be an interesting scenario. Have cut throat insurance companies going after gangster cops.

3 Likes

Well… this happened: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/13/dallas-police-shooting/71166038/

I heard about that on the radio yesterday, poor media, they’ve really had to dial it back on that story.

Yesterday there were “as many as” 4 gunmen with fully automatic weapons, one in an armoured van, 2 on foot and one in a second story window, all firing on the police station…

yeah, not so much. Just one addled individual who thankfully got his training by watching Star Wars and emulating stormtroopers.

2 Likes

This shit will keep on happening until police are held to account the same as anyone else in the community.In fact I think because they are cops they should get the mandatory maximum sentence if convicted because they if anyone should know better.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.