CA police raid medical weed dispensary, eat edibles, destroy cameras

Because they’re cowards, of course.

6 Likes

They should have come forward right away asking for “random” drug tests on the cops they were able to identify on the video.

9 Likes

If I had watched this without information or audio a few years ago I would have said Russia or some other gangster country. How little I really knew back then.

5 Likes

“Bet you can’t eat just one!”

3 Likes

it looks like the removal of the cameras was a pretty standard thing for them, maybe to trace the lines back to the hardware, and make sure they have all of the recordings?

otoh, the two guys with the ski-masks take their masks off after the cameras were removed. so it could just as easily have been for them.

why exactly undercover officers would go on a raid like that is beyond me. not to mention they wind up looking like third-world paramilitaries. though, from the way they were chomping on the munchables, they might think looking paramilitary is a compliment.

4 Likes

training. it’s believed an overwhelming display of force helps keep cops safe. the goal – so far as i understand it – is to be in complete control of the situation at all times.
basically, the same thinking behind “shock and awe” in iraq. forgetting, of course, that america isn’t a war zone, and that goals other than fear are worthwhile.

7 Likes

Because they’re robbing them.

17 Likes

I’m guessing the justification is precautionary. When dealing with an actual gang you may want to protect the cops identities to avoid retaliation or intimidation.

In reality I think it’s precautionary, if you screw up something during the raid, contaminate evidence, assault a suspect, or eat drug infused evidence then you don’t want it on camera. There’s really no benefit for the cops in giving the targets a tape of the raid, so if they can justify taking out the security system they’ll do so.

4 Likes

Quis videodiet ipsos videodes

2 Likes

“If you’ve got nothing to hide, you’ve got nothing to fear”.
If you’ve got s/t to hide while wearing a badge, you are abusing your position and your authority…

4 Likes

All I can hope, seeing this, is that they were foolish enough to eat more edibles than they should have.

2 Likes

Looks like they’re going to need to replace their security system…

6 Likes

I’m kind of confused.

Whenever there’s a gun control thread, people jump out of the woodwork to say how they need their guns to protect themselves against government tyranny.

Thing is, that’s kind of in place and I don’t see these keyboard vigilantes doing much about it…

11 Likes

I saw some great footage from a recreational pot store. A couple of total doofs got frustrated trying to pick the front door, so they just smash it with a rock (which astoundingly didn’t set off the alarm).

Then they go into the back office, and are confused because there’s two safes which they weren’t expecting, but it turned out they had a list of combinations instead of just one. So they get both safes open, and spend so long arguing whether to take the pot or the cash (there’s too much of both for them to carry all of either. The bank had recently started to refuse taking deposits from the store.) that they didn’t notice the security gate slam shut. So they ended up locked in the pot store till the cops came.

Pretty fucking funny.

5 Likes

That’s what I was thinking.
“Naw, it’s fine; I don’t feel anything. Gimme some more.”
They must have had an interesting rest of the day filling out reports and flop-sweating all over their keyboards.

3 Likes

[quote=“frauenfelder, post:1, topic:59549”]“I treated that woman with respect and I have no idea why she wanted to kick my stump.”
[/quote]

Uh, maybe because she’s a jack-booted authoritarian thug.

5 Likes

The cops probably thought they were safe after disabling the DVR. The remaining camera must have also had an internet recording option, which is exactly what you’d want if you were protecting a place from burglars. Which, to all appearances, is exactly what it did.

5 Likes

News reports say they missed a camera, so got recorded anyway. Surprisingly, marijuana stores (er, dispensaries) often have good security, and are probably even legally required to.

And while it’s really really hard to prosecute corrupt cops for misbehaving or even violence or theft, at least they can bust them for “dine&dash”.

Next thing you know, cops will be trying to get the US to adopt the European “right to be forgotten”, so that people don’t go putting their names on the Internet and making it hard for them to get other cop jobs in the future.

4 Likes

Here come those Santa Ana pigs agaaain
Bad news… ♫

Are you sure that wasn’t in the DVD extras for Half-Baked?

2 Likes