Caiman joins couple for late-night swim in pool

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/22/caiman-joins-couple-for-late-n.html

7 Likes

Reason #439 why not to live in Florida.

20 Likes

jeez. I thought i was gonna watch a funny video of the thing swimming around, not a friggin jaws style monster attack.

17 Likes

Rub his belly, Ernie!..

22 Likes

Some hotel guests just don’t get the community vibe. I bet he’s the one who swiped all the danish from the continental breakfast bar that morning.

13 Likes

He was just trying to get away from the monster pythons stupid humans released in their swamps.

12 Likes

Well, if it’s a caiman in Florida, then it was also stupidly released into the swamp, as they’re not native there.

I feel a little bit for the guy who is now immortalized as completely ditching his girlfriend to a small crocodilian.

15 Likes

More reason for the caiman being annoyed!

Fight or flight in the face of a prehistoric reptile monster makes cowards of many of us. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

They just pulled a gator out of the harbor in Chicago:

I think it was mentioned it was a Caiman at some point? Anyways, it’s the second one in a year along the lakefront:

7 Likes

Croc-blocker.

30 Likes

Well maybe we can get the pythons to keep down the gator population. Then we need giant eagles to keep down the giant python population. Not sure what eats giant eagles…

6 Likes

The creator of King Kong and Robotech had an idea what to do with giant eagles

SX344_BO1%2C204%2C203%2C200

12 Likes

giphy

11 Likes

Hmm - isn’t that just a modern retelling of Tolkien? Though I do like where this is going…

6 Likes

Just to clairify, Chance the Snapper was found in a lagoon, not Lake Michigan.
I can’t really say that I was “enthralled” by the story, but he was a cute little thing.

13 Likes

I read the book. It is more like an Indiana Jones thing.

Featuring lost vikings in Greenland who ride giant eagles vs. Nazi zeppelins.

10 Likes

Ah yes. Sorry not a harbor, but a lagoon.

The one from October I guess was swimming around in the lake.

4 Likes

“That’s no lagoon, that’s a boat station.”

11 Likes

4 Likes

Zimbabwe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL7J-ZQgltY

7 Likes