Caitlin Rose - “Only a Clown” (free MP3)

[Permalink]

Is it just me, or does she strongly resemble Gillian Anderson?

1 Like

I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve heard of hers! This is the first song of hers I heard, and it remains my favorite.

Own Side

Caitlin Rose is awesome. For The Rabbits is one of the most beautifully haunting songs I’ve heard.

Not only do I love this song but I’m pretty sure I recognize the pool hall in the photograph above. Thank you, Ms.Seidenwurm. You just might have created a new Caitlin Rose fan.

Sounds like bubblegum to me.

She’s also got great stage presence, if you get a chance to see her and her band, do so.
This was my introduction to her work.

I do not think that one must stray from country music roots to walk in the footsteps of the great American songwriters and storytellers. See Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Billy Joe Shaver, Bobby Bare and Steve Earle.

I just want to say that after listening to this song several times, I listened to more of her music on YouTube and ended up buying two of her albums on iTunes. I love finding new artists to obsess over on sites that are not music-centric. Thank you BoingBoing!

I love that you included Steve Earle. He is a truly talented man. (And his novel I’ll Never Get Out of This World Alive is definitely worth a read.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.