🍰🎂 Cakeday Celebrations! 🎂🍰

I was in hospital, sorry I missed the fun.

5 Likes

Everything allright?

5 Likes

I can breath again, that’s a huge plus. My life long affliction of Asthma & Bronchitis has taken a toll on my lungs, as soon as I get even a wiff of a chest cold it goes nuclear pneumonia. And off to the hospital with me for round the clock steroids and breathing treatments, oh boy, what fun that was.

Thanks for giving me the bed check!

8 Likes

I hear that, brother. My mom has had many bouts with pneumonia, starting in her late 20’s, that first time with me in kindergarten and only getting to see her wave to us then from an upper floor window of the Wyckoff Heights Hospital; my Dad, “Wave to her! Wave to Mommy!”

Stay healthy!

7 Likes

Yeah, breathing is quite underrated… pneumonia sucks.
Speedy recovery!

7 Likes

Aw, thanks, @zfirphdn! :blush:

@Papasan: Damn, pneumonia sucks. Hope you’re feeling better!

get%20well%20soon%20snoopy%20peanuts%20green%20sparkle

Unfortunately, my dad’s got pneumonia right now. So we’ve been at the hospital ourselves. Still not home yet.

And @cecilia_FXX: twinsies! Happy birthday!

birthday%20cake%20candles

7 Likes

Thank you so much!!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Ha, my Dear Wife was born in Brooklyn, they lived in Bushwick. Small world…

4 Likes

Miniscule. At my first job here on the west coast, I learned that a notoriously crotchety tech (perhaps twice my age) in our department had attended Brooklyn Technical High School, my alma mater. (GO, TECH!!) Afterwards he and I got along just fine based on that connection. Sometime following that, I was cornered by the president of our division as I was taking a short-cut through our Mahogany Row. I happened to be wearing my high school jacket that day (trying to get some final mileage out of it), it proudly bearing “TECH” on the back; he noticed that (having attended BTHS also!) and we spent a few minutes discussing our time there.

That brings me to conductor Zubin Mehta and his wife, actress Nancy Kovak. I recall a question thrown at her many, many years ago when she was asked how Zubin and she had first met (she being US born [lived in Brooklyn for a time] and he being from India). She answered that by relating how Zubin once explained to her the inevitability of their meeting: she wished to escape Brooklyn and he wished to escape Bombay… therefore.

3 Likes

Happy Cakeday @anon61833566!

6 Likes

Wait. Why are we happy cake daying?!?

3 Likes

Looks like you’ve got an Anniversary cake by your name…and it’s fun to celebrate it!

4 Likes

Oh. I guess I didn’t see that. Do now!! Thank you!!!

4 Likes

Also Happy Cakeday @GoatCheezInfrno!

5 Likes

I gained five pounds just looking at that.

I can’t believe it’s been five years…

4 Likes

I know. It’s been four years for me as of January. Time flies, while we’re having fun!

4 Likes

Happy birthday @reactionabe!

birthdayparty2

3 Likes

t_hanks

7 Likes

Happy birthday @DukeTrout!

hh1|nullxnull

6 Likes

Thank you!

DenseContentGlowworm-small https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DenseContentGlowworm-small.gif

5 Likes