California Senate approves psychedelic decriminalization bill

Originally published at: California Senate approves psychedelic decriminalization bill | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Groovy

It will be really nice for the world to see if the mental health properties can really be straightened out. If mushrooms etc. can fix PTSD, anxiety et al, the world will be a better place.

9 Likes

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

10 Likes

Some more detail from the article:

The bill does not decriminalize the sale of psychedelics in the state.
The legislation would also repeal provisions in the California criminal code that prohibit the cultivation and transportation of spores of mushrooms associated with the psychoactive ingredient.

7 Likes

It would be nice to see that, but this law won’t make it any easier to do controlled research studies involving psychedelics (and anecdotal accounts are really bad for figuring out the details of which conditions a treatment works in). For that we need changes in federal regulation

7 Likes

Yes. You can share to your heart’s content (with responsible parties over the age of 21). You just can’t sell it.

2 Likes

Woo, that’s my state senator. Go Scott!

I hope Newsom does the right thing but I can already hear the gears in his head turning as he tries to work out which position would be most advantageous for his current recall challenge and his all-but-inevitable 2028 Presidential bid.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.