Houses passes bill to federally decriminalize marijuana

Originally published at: Houses passes bill to federally decriminalize marijuana | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Yay!!

5 Likes

Really wish the R’s would get their heads out of their asses about this. It’s a win for everybody, plenty of their constituents like weed too, it’s not just a minority thing and not just a democrat thing, it’s widely supported.

I mean, they know that if they continue to vote against it, it’ll hurt minorities and people will still keep electing them, so why should they bother, right? Man I hate these assholes…

16 Likes

4-20 Weed GIF

10 Likes

Smoke Smoking GIF by Psychrome

premier league wow GIF by Arsenal

6 Likes
5 Likes

Maybe if they tacked on a rider that included cocaine-fueld orgies the GOP would vote for it.

[ETA: oh, duh, the honorable congressman from Maryland beat me to the joke.]

9 Likes

As long as all the participants were consenting adults and not part of some human trafficking scheme, I don’t have any objections to that.

Caveat, Republicans aren’t big on consent, adults, and at least one voted for human trafficking.

8 Likes

Early reports are that a compromise bill has been worked out with Senate Republicans that would decriminalize pot, but only for white people.

12 Likes

Fixed in juris, yay. Whole thing (house passes) not an April 1 Joke?

6 Likes

Just decriminalize? Why not legalize?

2 Likes

IANAL, but I think decriminalization includes the part where people currently in prison for breaking the law prior are freed.

4 Likes

I looked this up earlier today when I first heard about it, to see how my rep voted. They were on the right side of history. But I did also notice that some GQP alleged sex traffickers voted Yea too.

2 Likes

They are, but orgies fueled by the devil’s arugula just don’t have the same intensity.

2 Likes

…and then the undemocratic senate undemocratically kills the thing the majority of the people democratically voted for.

Yeah, democracy!

10 Likes

Long, long, long overdue. I think anyone that did prison over this (especially mere possession and use) should be pardoned, record swept clean and reparations paid.

5 Likes

Maybe if they use the right strain(s). :slight_smile:

1 Like

The scientist, or layman, who comes out with a strain that doesn’t have the distinctive scent while burning will be a billionaire…

Sure you could eat an edible, but smoking a spliff is the no-calorie alternative.

3 Likes

IKR? My room smells like a skunk died in it a week ago.

2 Likes

That is more or less the case right now.

3 Likes