"Cocaine-fueled orgy” members of the GOP don’t want legal weed, says Rep. Raskin

Originally published at: "Cocaine-fueled orgy" members of the GOP don't want legal weed, says Rep. Raskin | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Could almost visualize orgiastic crowds of republicans worshiping a shrine with a big ‘H’ for hypocrisy upon it

25 Likes

Maryland Rep. Jamie Raskin of Delaware

Well which is it? Maryland or Delaware?

Pretty sure it’s Maryland. I mean, I’m in Maryland, so I’m 100% sure.

Any who… yes, prohibition is a massive failure designed to punish the voters of political opponents of Nixon and other conservatives. Please, let’s finally end it.

36 Likes

Confusion Reaction GIF

30 Likes

Jamie of Delaware is Geralt of Rivia’s cousin.

19 Likes

Growing Sesame Street GIF

36 Likes

Wait, as surprised as I am to be defending one of these scumbags, isn’t he arguing for making weed legal? (So the headline should be “… don’t want illegal weed …?”)

16 Likes

Sounds like Matt Gaetz hasn’t learned how to shut his dang mouth
I had to look up what a key bump of GQP marching powder might be
(I was pretty sure but, kids, these days)

Jamie Raskin has stepped up to the plate big time after personal tragedy, we could use a thousand more like him. The GQP doesn’t want legal weed unless THEY profit off it (see: Boehner). They just happen to like that it is yet another way to bring their fascist boot down on the Others.

12 Likes

For those interested; the bill did pass in the House by a vote of 220-204. Headed to the Senate now where it died last time in 2020, but is at least more likely to pass this round.

14 Likes

puff puff pass weed GIF by WeedFeed

13 Likes

Points to Raskin for getting the dig in there!

16 Likes

“ Maryland Rep. Jamie Raskin of Delaware”

Is that legal? :wink:

13 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly what he was arguing for, if it wasn’t clear. He wants prohibition for Marijuana to end at last. With what - 30 or so states now? - legalizing it at various levels, it’s high time we did so (pun intended).

19 Likes

Liked for the gratuitous Witcher reference.

7 Likes

Gerrymandering has gone too far.

22 Likes

I get him confused with Uhtred of Bebbanburgh.

the last kingdom yaz GIF

7 Likes

Ok, got to admit that I’m having my own kind of knee jerk reaction here. Anytime I find myself agreeing with a conservative I want to examine my own position very carefully to see if there’s something wrong with it or (more commonly) to examine what angle they’re playing in this supposed agreement. Is there an errant comma or two in the sentence that changes the entire meaning?

I just want to make sure we’re agreeing to eats shoots and leaves and instead of eats, shoots, and leaves.

7 Likes

Because those people smoke weed. People likely to be arrested with cocaine (powder as opposed to crack) generally have the money needed to beat the rap.

4 Likes

Is there a particular reason you think Marijuana should stay illegal?

Or, are you mixing up the assorted double negatives here and who wants what? As Raskin who is NOT a conservative is saying Marijuana should be legal and criticizing Republicans for wanting to keep it illegal while Republicans at the same time presumably enjoy cocaine fueled orgies.

8 Likes

Ah, yes! This is indeed the case. I did not parse that Rep. Raskin is a Democrat. That makes a lot more sense now. I absolutely take back my referring to him as a scumbag. (Democrats do not get free immunity from this designation, but they are not automatically such.)

11 Likes