Can smoked watermelon taste like ham?

Originally published at: Can smoked watermelon taste like ham? | Boing Boing

Okay, it tastes good…but does it taste like ham?

6 Likes

I’m going to go with no.

However I do have a schmancy chef friend who used to salt, press and dehydrate watermelon to serve with dry cured ham.

4 Likes

Accept no substitutes.

2 Likes

Anything can be made to taste like ham.

1 Like

'Zakly. I would love it to be ham. They would love to tell us it was ham. And they just stop just short of that. Yes, it is probably ham-azing, but ham is a tough act to follow. Keep trying fellas, and thanks for the honesty, whether you meant it or not.

Any superchurch preacher or televangelist could all tell us it is the One True Ham, and only People Who Hate America say it wasn’t, hand on heart or stack of bibles as appropriate. But not these guys. Yay, them.

3 Likes

Watermelons are delicious. Why not try to make ham taste like them instead?

6 Likes

A perfectly ripe, chilled slice of watermelon is the ultimate anytime food for me. I will destroy it every time.

5 Likes

giphy (85)

2 Likes

Did anybody ask the watermelon if it wanted to taste like ham?

3 Likes

I don’t think I could smoke a whole watermelon.

7 Likes

Well, you have to make sure to spit out the seeds.

5 Likes

Really hope it’s not one of those dirt melons, they’re full of seeds.

2 Likes

As a rule, I try not to eat foods that are pretending to be other foods. But I’d give this a shot.

4 Likes

Some of us were hoping this effort was successful. Can’t even stand the smell of 'em, which led me to curse whoever decided to make that a Now and Later candy flavor…
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Those sinsemilla melons are the go.

1 Like

(Betteridge’s law of headlines)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.