Can you draw Nancy?

What do trust levels do?

Assuming this link is for Chris Headrick, but thanks anyway. Now I know where I stand in the hierarchy more clearly.

I also understand the Boing Boing system goes 0, 1, 2, Mods, so you might be higher than you thinkā€¦

Now I am back to not understanding anything about it again. I know some stuff about comics, I know virtually nothing about coding or system hierarchies in forum coding. I consider myself outside of any hierarchy in comics or coding, or if in any, very low in the structure to the point of being practically invisible.

As you may have noticed, I contributed to this thread due to my interest in comics, not coding or how the forum works. It was an aside that I happened to notice that someone in this thread was a little disappointed that they couldnā€™t post an image because they were a new user. From my limited knowledge I was simply trying to offer them some reassurance that they would eventually be able to post an image.

I am a little puzzled as to how I have become involved in a discussion about how the forum works in a thread that is about a comic strip.

Itā€™s good to know where you stand.

Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because theyā€™re so frightfully clever. Iā€™m really awfully glad Iā€™m a Beta, because I donā€™t work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I donā€™t want to play with Delta children.

2 Likes

Yeah. Hierarchy.

Regarding that: I thought this bit was funny from the link you sent me.

Visitor ā†’ Novice ā†’ Regular ā†’ Leader ā†’ Elder

These five levels seemed like a great starting point for our user trust system, with one small modification ā€“ we renamed ā€œnoviceā€ to ā€œbasicā€ to avoid any negative perception of being a so-called ā€œnoviceā€.

To a certain extent,the forum interface that boing boing uses (called discourse) is still in development. So @codinghorror is still kicking around ideas. Boingboing doesnā€™t have to implement all of discourseā€™s complexity, and ā€œLeaderā€ and ā€œElderā€ may never be used by bb.

But the basic concept of regarding newbie users with a certain amount of suspicion until they prove their worth cuts down on the spam and the bots.

er

I just have to say, er,

It is possibly the only answer to Nancy. Perhaps Iā€™m getting it. Er.

see:
http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/g/go-script-transcript-holmes-polley.html

ctrl+f: ā€œfamilyā€ to find the quoted section

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.