Can you really opt out of Big Data?

It’s bigger than that. I don’t buy that thing, carry that device, go to that website, or by that product. When I mean opt out I mean OPT OUT. Technology is to serve me not the other way around.

1 Like

I’ve blocked ads for about 15 years now. Initially it was because I live in India and the Internet of the late 90s didn’t have much local content, (also to speed up my browsing), but soon I realized that I like an uncluttered web page without popups, flash and other things blinking and crawling around. I use the excellent commercial AdMuncher, which filters all HTTP traffic and can hence filter all your browsers, plus a hosts file, plus ABP for Firefox (I refuse to use Chrome).
In addition, my browser blocks all cookies by default, and only sites that require a login are allowed to set cookies.
And ever since I started using Android, the first thing I do is root, install AdAway, Adblock Plus for Android, Orbot, and I also use ROM Toolbox Pro, which allows you to disable the 3rd party ad serving components within apps.

You could set up some sort of coffee-klatch mutual shopping group and randomly mix each member’s shopping list, then get together to actually swap the appropriate goods.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.