Can you see the penis character ๐“‚ธ found hiding in the Egyptian hieroglyphics unicode block?

sort of.

3 Likes

Rock hard.

3 Likes

I donโ€™t see them in Edge or Chrome on Windows. I suspect that the Windows font doesnโ€™t have those characters.

3 Likes

Perhaps the claimed censorship (or part of it) is simply not including glyphs in the fonts for hieroglyphics

3 Likes

Microsoft has not included those three hieroglyphs in any of their fonts, but does have all the other characters.

They are in some of the fonts at http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/, specifically Nilus and Aegyptus.

2 Likes

Google has โ€œNotoโ€ fonts (named for โ€œno tofuโ€, i.e. no โ€œlittle boxes to indicate your device doesnโ€™t have a font to display the textโ€) available for free download. (Ubuntu has Noto fonts in its repositories.) Iโ€™m using Noto Sans in my browser, and it displays these hieroglyphs just fine. Kind of odd. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What OS are you using?

The hieroglyphs are definitely missing from Segoe UI Historic on Windows 10

but are there in Abydos

4 Likes

Using Opera for Android and Iโ€™m seeing these ๐“‚ธ๐“‚น ๐“‚บ loud & clear

2 Likes

I see these: ๐“‚ธ๐“‚น ๐“‚บ on iosโ€ฆ
๐“‚ธ
๐“‚น
๐“‚บ

Awwww, yeah.

5 Likes

Android 8.0 with Samsung browser: penises galore.

Wait โ€ฆ

2 Likes

A bit more investigation shows that Segoe UI Historic claims to have the hieroglyphs (it reports that it has a complete Unicode block) but only shows the tofu blocks. Microsoft have done this before, they removed swastikas from a font that came with Encarta (I think) because they were mostly being misused by Nazis and edgelords. However, that wasnโ€™t removing official Unicode characters.

So at least part of this problem is Microsoft lying about what characters their fonts have.

2 Likes

chrome turns penises into boxes? James Damore was right, Google is trying to feminize us all!

4 Likes

Works under os x using Safari or Firefox, but not chrome.

1 Like

Hm. Chrome on a chromebook renders all the phalluses.

Linux Mint MATE v19, which is based on Ubuntu, which in turn is based upon Debian. :slight_smile: Linux Mint uses Noto as its default font in all its editions (Cinnamon, MATE, and Xfce). (Iโ€™m at work right now using Windows 7 with Firefox and am just seeing the square boxes, what Google calls โ€œtofuโ€.)

1 Like

If I open boing boing in chrome-- I see the boxes. However, if I cut and paste the characters into a word processor (which uses the same fonts as chrome-- Helvetica Bold 21 pt)-- I see the phalluses.

1 Like

So nobodyโ€™s going to do it? I guess I have to thenโ€ฆ
๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚บ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚บ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚บ๐“‚บ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚บ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚บ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚บ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚บ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚บ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚บ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚บ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚บ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚บ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚บ๐“‚ธ๐“‚บ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ๐“‚ธ

1 Like

dc37305c90e6f7dd0dd8401438498fa7--spelling-rules-art-jokes

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.