Can you solve the wizard standoff riddle?

I keep getting excited about reading a new logic puzzle only to find out that it’s a goddamn video.

12 Likes

Yeah, I read the text provided and thought, “There isn’t enough here for me to form any kind of answer. Can’t I just make up whatever I want?”

8 Likes

Precisely what I was thinking. Let the other assholes duke it out until one loses, then hike back and banish the one left standing. If they call rules on you, start sending judges and spectators to the mountain until they stop giving you a hard time.

3 Likes

i kind of think being turned into a cat would totally be a win.

7 Likes

Yeah it’s bullshit

1 Like

What a disappointment. I saw a video a few years back, in which the Peeps enacted the battle between the Red Wizard and the Blue Wizard, to the strains of The Final Countdown. The word “epic” has been overused, but…

Oh! The winning solution is obvious! Choose the third wand and cast it upon yourself. 100% guaranteed win!

1 Like

Hmmm, a quick guess here, a 100% effective strategy doesn’t seem to exist. If you eliminate one target, for certain, then the remaining one will target you 100% of the time, leaving you with either a 90% or 70% chance of losing before the round is over. So I would think you would take the 60%, least dangerous wand, and target the person with the 90% wand. The best possible outcome for you would be to take your turn and leave both your opponents unscathed. Because you are the least dangerous, your opponents best move would be to attack each other and take their chances with your next turn. So you either succeed with your first turn and take your 30% chance, or you fail and don’t get targeted at all and get an additional shot at your remaining opponent. I’m doing this without really doing any math, so I’m just assuming that the odds of all 3 wizards failing are considerably less than the 70% chance of your loss that the 100% wand would give you. I put my odds of being correct about this at about 25% watches the video

5 Likes

I didn’t think that missing was an option.

3 Likes

8 Likes

What’s so bad about being a fish?

2 Likes

Well, that’ll sure end[er] the game //rim shot

2 Likes

It’s still the correct wand to choose even without the “miss on purpose” option. Your odds of winning are just much worse no matter what wand you get.

1 Like

That sounds right. I have no frickin’ idea WTF I’m talking about, but… nonetheless…

Third place finisher:

7 Likes

Yeah, if it’s a genuine puzzle, lay out all the rules!

Otherwise, it’s a “lateral thinking” puzzle and just about anything goes!

4 Likes

Solution involves less running away than I expected.

4 Likes

Sadly, many riddles are ruined if you deliberately misinterpret them as badly as possible, like a malevolent genie.

2 Likes

This riddle is easy: Put the wand away, because real wizards don’t need wands, and cast Meteo for 9999 damage.

5 Likes

My bard seduces both wizards. At the same time.

10 Likes
9 Likes