Can you spot the ticks in this poppy seed muffin?

Thanks for reminding me of the very first Trader Joe’s product I ever bit into: A maggoty blueberry muffin.

3 Likes

The passage of time can be a strange thing.

7 Likes

They don’t cal it Trader Joe’s for nothing, ya know.

3 Likes

It’s covered in ticks because the muffin is filled with blood.

7 Likes

The maggot muffin was ~30 years ago. They have improved but have lost their guy-named-Joe-at-the-dock- doing-the-deal-cash-on-the-barrelhead shtick.

2 Likes

That’s sick. Okay.

2 Likes

Mmm - vampire muffins!

2 Likes

I assume that people don’t typically swallow ticks; but it would be depressingly unsurprising if one, once swallowed, could survive long enough to complete an infectious feeding if it managed to grab hold of a handy bit of internal mucous membrane during a lull in peristalsis.

By way of reference here are some ticks that could probably beat up tardigrades for their lunch money; while unprotected in deep space.

Normally scanning electron microscopy is not an option for live specimen observation because it involves putting the sample in a vacuum chamber and bombarding it with an electron beam. In tick land; 30 minutes of hard vacuum and electron beam bombardment just fuels your seething rage.

A merely ■■■■■ environment, without even any radiation, is probably not a quick kill.

1 Like

Ve prefer cupcakes

10 Likes

OH man, that cupcake would turn your mouth to a ghastly black. My kid would love it.

5 Likes

Our undead zombie cousins have their own version:

5 Likes

What were you doing with a muffin down there?

8 Likes

And the results of our study:

1. No one can spot the ticks.
  2. We made $10 in muffin sales.
3 Likes

You win the internets for today!:fireworks::sparkles::sparkler::boom:

3 Likes

Hey no kink shaming…

5 Likes

I am so sorry for the amount I just laughed. May actually still be laughing.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I dono, has anyone ever tried one? I mean if they were cooked? We might be missing out on a new form of cheap protein. they live a long time if the air temp is cool.

2 Likes

The ticks were listed clearly as an ingredient; right under monosodiumglutamate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.