Can you spot the ticks in this poppy seed muffin?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/09/can-you-spot-the-ticks-in-this.html

1 Like

They’d be a lot easier to spot if they were fully engorged with blood. Tastier too, I imagine.

9 Likes

Yet another reason not to fuck with anything that has poppy seeds.

15 Likes

Yum. Protein-enhanced muffins. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

I’m betting Lyme Disease via oral ingestion of a tick is rather rare. You could be one of the lucky few!

9 Likes

Plot Twist: They’re All Ticks

20 Likes

5 Likes

Sure, everyone knows what those tiny ticks can do to you. But what about those nasty poppy seeds? Perhaps some sinister misdirection here…with the appetizing muffin-glow to distract us? Ever get one of those little bastards stuck between teeth? Hmmmm? Very suspicious.

2 Likes

Were the ticks added before or after baking?

3 Likes

It does look like a pretty unhealthy muffin.

So I guess its a win win from a public health pov.

4 Likes

Raw foods are better, right?

6 Likes

To be fair, they’re cheaper than poppy seeds these heroin-crazed days.

3 Likes

…and there go poppy seed futures.

6 Likes

I thought it would have been a lot more effective if the ticks were actually spread out over the muffin instead of being in a big clump.

Also, I looked at poppy seed muffins at the store the same day this was tweeted and thought “Yeah, not going to buy those for a while.”

3 Likes

Hey, it’s protein.

3 Likes

Well maybe I can, but I refuse to do so.

2 Likes

Just make sure the seeds aren’t moving when you buy one.

2 Likes

Not 12 hours ago I discovered a tick firmly planted on my…um…purple helmeted warrior. Right on the helmet. It was much easier to see that the ticks on the muffin.

2 Likes

This story was reported on the radio an hour ago. One listener pointed out that the ticks can’t bite you if you bite them first.

3 Likes

I was eating a muffin right now, but not anymore.

9 Likes