Canadian citizen going to day spa in US turned away – needs immigrant visa

Sorry.

1 Like

7 Likes

It was what we were told a few years ago but apparently we was told wrong.

1 Like

So, I may have to rely on my charm.

I’m screwed.

5 Likes

6th grade educations do not get scrutinized. They get promoted and given a gun. This is what happens when the mindless bullies of high school become the mindless thugs of adulthood.

2 Likes

Except that Canada and Zimbabwe do not share the longest undefended border in the world. Canada and the US do.

I know Canadians who are used to doing their weekly grocery shopping in the US. This is a major shift.

8 Likes

And on the Govt of Canada website it clearly states you need a visa if you’re visiting Canada from Zimbabwe.

Whereas the US Govt site says this:

Citizens of Canada do not require visas for travel to the United States

So while I understand its totally annoying that one would need a visa for a stopover, its not really the same.

I do wonder what is going to happen to all the snowbirds? There’s 80k members in the Canadian Snowbird Association, and thats just the registered ones.

10 Likes

I think Florida & Texas are top 5 states for foreign tourists.

It is going to take years to fix the social destruction that fuck-stick SOCPOTUS is causing.

2 Likes

Texas is I the top ten but I still think it’s like 1/10th NY and CA.

This has to be in violation of at least one treaty, right?

2 Likes

Too clickbait didn’t click:

1. New York
  2. California
  3. Florida
  4. Nevada
  5. Hawaii
  6. Massachusetts
  7. Texas
  8. Illinois
  9. New Jersey
  10. Pennsylvania

And since when have the Red Sox played at Fenwick Park?!?

5 Likes

Since the ghost of Candlestick Park made its way across the country and inhabited Fenway.

2 Likes

I’d be curios to know how many of the foreign visitors to Texas are business rather than tourism, because that would suggest a more heavily middle-eastern population, but also one that has less choice in whether to visit or not.

Also, why the hell are people visiting Pennsylvania?

4 Likes

Because they were enjoying all the tourist attractions New Jersey had to offer, but then needed something to do on the second day of their trip.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Hershy?

7 Likes

7 Likes

The Franklin Institute? The Zoo? Take in a Flyers game? Scoot West and take in a Penguins game?

3 Likes

There don’t seem to be any standards at the North Country border crossings. I’ve been grilled for 10 minutes of questions, and I’ve been waved through in less than a minute, each time answering their questions the same exact way.

The one consistency: I’ve never seen anyone whose skin color was darker than a Mediterranean olive working the booths in NY or VT.

I’ll also take this opportunity to note that the northern border has been defunded almost annually in favor of more border agents at the Mexico border. So 30-45 minute waits aren’t uncommon here, since only one or two of the 8 booths are ever staffed. So when refugees in the US make a run for the Canadian border, there’s really not a concerted effort to stop them.

2 Likes