Can't unlike a post

To say nothing of the dreaded “this revision is too similar to your original post” if you catch the typo after 5 minutes.

1 Like

That only happens if the only “revision” is whitespace.

But proper whitespace is critical to good design!

4 Likes

Read this as “can’t unlick a post”

9 Likes

Is it possible to view other user’s edits? I know that if I click on the red pencil edit icon on my own posts, I can see that post’s revision history. However, in other user’s posts that icon appears but is grey/un-clickable.

The BBS community requested that be disabled.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, I’m remembering now: sometimes outside quotes cause extra lines or line breaks in the middle of the line which aren’t evident (if you don’t preview) until the post actually prints.

You’re going to tell me to hit preview if I’m quoting from outside sources, aren’t you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Can we make it so I can like my own posts? Sometimes I’m just the funniest, I crack myself up. (see, I’d like to like this)

5 Likes

I’ll like everything you write for you if you’ll do the same for me.

See, the system works!

4 Likes

Hmmm…looking that the way replies appear in a threaded conversation, would it make sense to have the like button (well, not the button but the X people liked this, like it too link) for the original post stay at the top of the thread with the original post, rather than at the bottom of the thread beneath the last reply? I think that is what is confusing.

1 Like

I have no idea what you are talking about?

2 Likes

Okay, in the linked file there is a screenshot of a a post I made, also showing two replies to it.

At the bottom of the thread is the like count for my post, but physically next to the latest reply. It grey out, since this was my own post, but if if it was not it would say “2 people liked this, Like it too”. I am just proposing that having it at the bottom of the thread might be confusing, since it refers to the original post, not the reply that it is closest took. (I know, I should not be threading things, and I normally don’t, it just happened in the thread that originally started this whole thing off way back in the Before time, in the long long ago.)

(and yes, this is all a very complicated link-spamming-SEO scheme)

2 Likes

(Off-topic) Actually, all links are rel="nofollow"d until you reach Trust Level 3, which right now is manual promotion only.

1 Like

Damn those meddling kids!

1 Like

Aha, now I see what you mean! When replies are expanded, the like indicator is far from the original post to be "like"ed. I get it now.

3 Likes

(oh, and what did you do to make my picture in-line - I didn’t see an option for that when I poked around)

1 Like

It’s a onebox - just put the URL by itself on a line.

http://bbs.boingboing.net/raw/26969/26

2 Likes

Yes, I noticed this too and I agree with @anon52120741 about how weird it looks.

1 Like

Suddenly, I can’t unlike a post.

This one:

The heart icon doesn’t show that it’s a link. So my normal cursor doesn’t turn into a hand pointing. And if I click it, nothing happens.

Reviving topic.

1 Like

Just testing and it seems to work fine on your post. I get a “action limit” warning if I like/unlike to often/quickly but thats normal I think.

1 Like