Cargo ship stuck in Suez canal took a route that resembles genitalia

Originally published at: Cargo ship stuck in Suez canal took a route that resembles genitalia | Boing Boing

4 Likes
10 Likes

So the Suez Canal is. . . cock blocked ??

21 Likes

Taint a laughing matter.

PS: The map from myshiptracking.com is even more convincing than the more widely shared map from vesselfinder.com

7 Likes

So obvious the canal was blocked on purpose, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Is it shrinking?

2 Likes

Something something seamen?

6 Likes

I heard the ship was getting buffeted about by the wind before it went in (and given those conditions, probably shouldn’t have even tried to traverse the canal), so I guess this is it…

Consider that there is probably ship traffic lining up and waiting a turn to get through the canal. One cannot drop anchor, and the wait can be long. None of this means that one has to draw a dick, but the boredom can be stultifying. People do stupid shit all the time.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Sat at the Pacific side of the Panama Canal for 6 weeks in the middle of Summer, 100 degrees F. and 100 % humidity. Hell personified. Was not a 3 hour cruise…

10 Likes

“High winds and a sandstorm struck the area on Tuesday, with winds gusting to 30mph.”

Gusting all the way up to a strong breeze? Oh my pearls!

3 Likes
2 Likes

Favorite comment from Jalopnik article:

So it drew a dick, then got stuck in the mouth of the Suez and there aren’t enough seamen with enough thrust to push it out. And the longer it’s in there, the more screwed we are…

5 Likes

Am I the only one wondering why the side of the ship says “Evergreen” and the back says “Ever Given”? I have not googled it which is the sensible thing to do but am wondering if it is a standard practice to give ships two names.

hehe the semen got blown… off course.

1 Like

It kind of looks like dickbutt’s dick butt

4 Likes

Evergreen is the shipping company, Ever Given is the name of the vessel.

11 Likes

I heard on the radio that the ship…nevermind, @brainspore beat me to it.

I’ll just leave this here instead:

8 Likes

Ah…this makes sense. Thank you for doing the work I should have done as far as being informed goes.