Cargo ship stuck in Suez canal took a route that resembles genitalia

In 2019 Ever Green damaged a ferry near Hamburg, possibly because of high winds.

:musical_note:The weather started getting rough

And the oversized ship was on course

If not for the courage of the fearless crew

The Ever Given would be…??? :musical_note:

2 Likes

And the canal is narrow, and with the ships moving slowly, they’re not very manouverable.

I get that. But winds up to 30mph (I’m not good with imperial measurements but it’s probably about that outside, I live near the sea) is not even a stiff breeze. If you can’t be in control at such a trivial wind speed, you are not fit for purpose.

3 Likes

Err… 30 MPH is actually a rather stiff breeze, and sustained for one hour will trigger a “Wind Advisory” from the National Weather Service in the US.

(From Wind Information Page)

A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 mph for one hour and/or frequent gusts of at least 45 mph are occurring or expected within the next 36 hours. These winds will make it difficult to drive high profile vehicles. Small, unsecured objects may be blown around by these winds.

Remember, not only is this cargo ship gigantic, it’s also stacked hundreds of feet into the air with containers. It has literally acres and acres of sail area and is in a narrow passage with little leeway ^^’ .

2 Likes

Technically, sustained 30mph is a stiff breeze. The lower end of the definition. Gusting to 30 doesn’t meet the criteria.

It’s a trifle. You can’t sail in that, you can’t sail.

If you’re in the open sea with a 30mph wind, then sure sail away (sail away, sail away). If you’re trying to line up a massive container ship to manuever into a narrow slot with a 30mph wind, maybe drop anchor and wait it out a bit.

5 Likes

Salvaging this ship was a hard and expensive job.

2 Likes

Yes. I read that the canal is “responsible” for 2% of Egyptian Gross Domestic Product. Bad times for their economy.

1 Like

Might need two barrels

7 Likes

Or a dental intervention.

5 Likes

There is literally nothing those fucks can’t twist to their narrative. They are unbound by any scruple of truth.

3 Likes

I maybe wrong but it looks like the dick-butt drawing indecent is unrelated to the getting stuck part. Just that prior to getting stuck they drew dirty gps tracks and because they got stuck people looked at their path.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Disinformation researcher John Scott-Railton suggested the X-rated route of the boat ― which is traveling from China to Rotterdam ― was not intentional, describing it on Twitter as “innocent, but terrible luck.”

If he doesn’t know that dick-drawing with GPS is a thing and that this was intentional, he’s naive and I’m not sure I would trust his other disinformation conclusions…unless disinformation researcher means he is creating disinformation intentionally…

Yes, it looks like the dick drawing was done in the gulf, long before entering the canal–probably while killing time, waiting for his turn to enter.

1 Like

So it was like Florida in August. I really don’t understand how people can move there and then say the weather is beautiful.

Give me a snow shovel a few times a year and some heavy gloves and snow pants. I’ll trade that 4-5 days of skipping the gym work-out for 1/4 year of hell and hurricanes.

After all, you can bundle up quite a bit but there is only so much unbundling you can do.

4 Likes

No, bigger mosquitoes.

3 Likes

Sure, but would anyone but a few ship-tracking nerds see it dick drawing unless the boat is then driven ashore mid canal? Now the boat driver is famous for at least two things!