Cargo trains in LA raided for Amazon packages

My shoes from Walmart showed up today and the tracking still says delayed.

It was delivered by LaserShip, that’s a new one for me

2 Likes

My package arrived today thankfully and in one piece after randomly being lost in transit for over a month

(subtle plug for the artist Missmonster)

8 Likes

That reminds me of my vast inheritance.

7 Likes
9 Likes

Greedy as they were, the railroad magnates of the 1930s never reduced their force of railyard bulls. Only an MBA would think it’s a swell idea to lay off the guard labour that late-stage capitalism is so reliant on.

4 Likes

A couple of years ago (during one of California’s all-to-frequent brushfires) I received a few letters in a single bunch, all rubber-banded together. They arrived late. All were damp, smelled of smoke, and singed to varying degrees. The corner of one letter had been burnt off. I was pissed, but nowhere near as much as I was worried about what may have happened to any USPS employees.

7 Likes

I did hear one report that they had just cleaned up the area in December. Now I wonder if the layoffs weren’t another one of those year-end efforts to make things look good for the annual shareholders report. Not sure if there are labor regulations involved in the timing, but a past employer of mine did that in December and then advertised for new hires for the same jobs in February. Maybe they have a history of doing this and the results are just now making the news. Let’s see what spin the press puts on it if they turn around and hire/re-hire next month.

5 Likes

That’s exactly what it was. Must boost the sacred quarterly numbers.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.