Cart narcs judge those who fail to return shopping carts

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/04/cart-narcs-judge-those-who-fai.html

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is staged or not and I don’t think I would be surprised either way.

3 Likes

People with waaaay too much time on their hands.

4 Likes

It’s his job to intentionally damage peoples vehicles? What a petty and trivial person.

2 Likes

14 Likes

She drove her car into the cart all by herself.

10 Likes

Coincidentally, a cart that displays his youtube channel.

It’s digitally inserted, looks like.

Here’s a transition frame:

7 Likes

She took the wrong approach.

Flipping through the stations, I some times listen to this radio morning show, and yes, I do like cart narcs. It’s fun listening to people try to rationalize why they lack basic, human decency.

6 Likes

It’s always some bullshit about “I have kids, so I can’t take one minute out of my day to put the cart in the cart corral instead of the disabled parking space”

Honestly, it all went downhill when supermarkets started putting cart corrals outside rather than expecting shoppers to take their carts inside.

4 Likes

Did it though? I can’t imagine the people who don’t care enough to walk an extra 30 feet to a corral, suddenly giving a fuck and walking however far back it is to drop it off in the store.

I feel like with the eventual transition from no corrals to having corrals (which surely came about as a measure to stop people from just leaving carts in the parking lot), people have also begun behaving worse in public. A general erosion of politeness.

I could be wrong.

4 Likes

When my kids were little I parked next to the corral. Seemed easy enough.

3 Likes

That’s funny because I don’t have kids, so I can’t even remember the last time I used a shopping cart at a store!

1 Like

Who are we supposed to hate here?

In all seriousness… if you see someone being lazy and you want to shame them and have an actual impact. Don’t say shit… go over and take the shopping cart and put it away. At the very least the problem you were upset about is solved. Maybe the person will actually feel bad. If not it’s unlikely anything you said would would make a difference.

So back to the original question who do we hate more? People who judge those for not returning shopping carts? or the people who take the time to video those people and put it online for everyone to judge the judgers? Or people who want to judge the ones judging the people for judging people?

6 Likes

Given the amount of cart associated damage to my car (i spend a lot of time at supermarkets for work), I am wondering why the cart narcs are not armed.

The other day I watch some one parked next to the cart corral take not just their own cart, but two additional ones away from the corral and shove them in a random direction. Where they coasted across a lane of traffic, and hit a parked car.

She seemed pretty convinced she was helping by clearing the carts out of the way.

1 Like

Thanks Cartman…

4 Likes

tumblr_n5oilf5xO41tsuuvno2_r1_250|nullxnull

4 Likes

You know in Soylent Green where the old guy goes to the suicide factory and they show that film of waterfalls and mountains and shit while he drinks the poison milkshake? Well, they should show the video of this woman saying “you don’t know my life” instead.

1 Like

Not just Lawful Good, but a full-on paladin!

5 Likes