Casemodder builds a tiny, perfect living room inside a PC

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/23/clean-room.html

5 Likes

Looks like my first apartment, only bigger.

9 Likes

6 Likes

Wow, is that a VIA southbridge? Must have stumbled through both a temporal and a spatial distortion… I can’t quite make out the model number; but that’s verging into “That’s a name I’ve not heard in a long time.” territory…

That aside, I salute the color coordination of the decor with the motherboard; it’s an excellent touch.

3 Likes

Not sure how the oriental carpeting will help with the airflow. The dustbunnies will surely appreciate all those nooks and crannies.

2 Likes

think of the memes you can influence with that dank carpet.

4 Likes

It must be hard to have such a long, searchable history of blog posts when memory is imperfect. From October 10, 2009:

3 Likes

In his defense, “Заголовок сообщения: Комната в компьютере” isn’t exactly the easiest phrase to search for.

3 Likes

I am not trying to indict him for anything, I assure you. I only remembered it because it is my favourite casemod ever.

2 Likes

ah yes. Unicode. Code pages are ever so much fun.

1 Like

But, do mice use Airbnb?

2 Likes

Wow!!! I haven’t seen that mod in years… I doubt very much it’s even still around, very cool idea though… I wonder of i can get those PCI slot shelves in IKEA.

I mean, cool doll furniture, but why would you go to all that effort and not use round IDE cables?

Also loving the disconnected hard drive.

1 Like

I dunno. Those model builders can be kind of creepy.

Original source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/chironbramberger/albums/72157594233270756

My friend Chiron Bramberger did that shoot 11 years ago, and it just keeps going around and around the internet, like a sock in the washing machine. Here it comes again.

Chiron almost never gets attribution, which is interesting/unfortunate. I notice in Cory’s 2009 post he calls him a “Russian casemodder”, I guess because the photos were posted on a Russian language website.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.