Castle in the Sky robot looms over Seattle suburb

Originally published at: Castle in the Sky robot looms over Seattle suburb | Boing Boing

5 Likes

This is wonderful. I’d love to see video of the lights and sound effects.

2 Likes

Sorry but I know how this ends:

A) HOA swoops in, starts fining homeowner $500/day until he relents and removes sculpture.

B) A group of good christian men drop by, destroy the sculpture in minutes, chanting “Christ is King… Christ is King…” and leave a misshapen cross in its place.

2 Likes

I was expecting the story to end with the sculpture getting taken down for “spoiling the look of the neighbourhood”. I’m happy to see that, so far, that hasn’t been the case.

2 Likes

The neighbourhood seems to be welcoming its new, clanky resident. I’m sure that there are the usual killjoys lurking about, but in this case I think they’ll revert to their typical craven stance once they realise they can’t get sufficient numbers to back them.

1 Like

hm… is Ballard still a “suburb”? “well, some say it is resolutely not part of Seattle at all, y’know, because, of all the lutefisk” evil_gmap_coordinates

2 Likes

Are we sure it isn’t the LAMBDA robot from “Farewell My Beloved Lupin”?

2 Likes

all of this is nonsense. No HOAs in this borough (not a suburb) and the christ terrorists don’t live anywhere near there. Ballard is an overpriced amazon/tech worker neighborhood.

ballard is in city limits … city hall has MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH bigger problems.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.