Cat unimpressed by homemade slippers crafted from its own fur

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/20/cat-unimpressed-by-homemade-slippers-crafted-from-its-own-fur.html

2 Likes

10 Likes

My son’s family have a Dedo statue in their living room wearing a toupee that my granddaughter made from collected cat fur. Said toupee is every bit as realistic as most of the human-sized toupees I’ve seen in the wild.

4 Likes

Or the hair swept up from the floor after a haircut?

My wife has made felt balls from cat hair. They make excellent cat toys.

We recently acquired a Maremma. It’s a breed of dog from Maremma in Italy. They are like slightly smaller Pyrenean Mountain dogs. They have a wonderful fluffy coat and my wife, who spins, is delighted to find that it spins up beautifully and is makes very strong yarn. She combined that with some yarn that she spun from a friend’s dog, and last night knitted a hat from the yarn! She was delighted with it! But she can’t wear it again until she processes it to wash out the fabric conditioner smell that comes through from the friend’s dog’s yarn. She is allergic to fabric conditioner. I don’t like the smell much either, but it doesn’t make me sick. She thinks the friend’s wife washed the dog hair. I doubt it. I think it’s just they live in a house where everything is washed that way and smells that way, and the dog is tainted. We have to have a word with them. Anyway, garments made from dog hair (if it’s the right kind of dog) are popular in Scandinavia, and apparently the yarn is five times warmer than sheep’s wool.

6 Likes

I couldn’t help but be reminded of this:

6 Likes

cat whatever GIF

1 Like

Can cat hair be spun into yarn?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.