Crafting with Cat Hair

[Permalink]

If anyone needs 20 metric tons of Maine Coon fur, let me know. Will take about five minutes to put together.

2 Likes

See this duffle bag?
Imgur
Dog hair. Which an outfit called VIP fibers will turn into yarn someday.

Make sure that she doesn’t see the section on drone-making…

2 Likes

If you come up with a plan to re-use cat poop I am your man for supplies. Please keep me in mind.

2 Likes

Two cats live here. One has a very thick coat; the other has a very small brain.

When I brush the first cat, enough fur is produced to felt into a golf-ball-sized furball dense enough to bounce. The second cat thinks this is the best toy ever.

Thus, second cat gets very excited when he sees me brushing first cat.

4 Likes

Made some cute flat kitty faces from my cats brush gleanings a couple years back–worked great when needle felted! Kitties liked the end product–smelled like them!

Seems to me that what you REALLY need to make out of cat hair is a carpet and a couch cover. Because then you cat hair problems are vastly reduced.

2 Likes

My cats have been shedding epic quantities of hair since summer began. You’d think I had 16, not 2. I have actually contemplated saving the hair and doing something with it, and am entertained others have had the same thought :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I remember seeing this once while I worked in a used bookstore. Or something terribly similar. Infinitely amusing. I have enough orange cat fur around here to make a grand display of needle felted pumpkins I suppose…

1 Like

This is without a shadow of a doubt the most important thing that I will read today.

I own a copy of this book. If anyone wants to borrow it, let me know.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.