"Catastrophic failure" at an aluminum extrusion line is putting it mildly

Originally published at: "Catastrophic failure" at an aluminum extrusion line is putting it mildly | Boing Boing

5 Likes

reBoing

15 Likes

Darn, I can’t find a suitable image, but, back in the early 20th century, films used to open with a full cast list, and then, at the end of the film, they would show them again, under a header saying, “A Good Cast Bears Repeating”. I guess that, in this case, a bad cast bears repeating… though, it is a bad extrusion, so I guess that the point is moot.

7 Likes

Its Fine Ok GIF by ZDF Magazin Royale

4 Likes

My favorite brown pants accidents are at rolling mills where the rolled, white-hot metal strip makes a impromptu tour of the factory floor. Must Watch Missroll of Rolling Mill | MUST LEARN LESSON | Steel Factory Missrolls |NEVER SEEN BEFORE - YouTube

7 Likes

Holy Fudge! That is terrifying. It looks like a real-life Dr Strange spell.

4 Likes

Summer reruns already?

3 Likes

giphy

3 Likes

Did you bury the lede? The workers got the rest of the day off, at full pay?

2 Likes

Didn’t expect to see Böhmermann here

1 Like

Ah, what we call a Reboing.

Doubtful anything just like this would have happened twice. (?)

1 Like

5 Likes

Five firefighters were called to the plant and for hours worked at the scene to contain the blaze.

That number seems low.

3 Likes
2 Likes

The fire suppression system was kind of a joke. WTH?

I can’t tell, but just before the place blew and the guy runs to his desk to retrieve something…was it his weed?

Phone

1 Like

Maybe a misprint for five appliances/engines?

Midjourney gave me a closeup of the moment as seen by the AI.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.