Catholic church dumped holy water from airplane onto the town below

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/24/catholic-church-dumped-holy-wa.html

2 Likes

Wonder if they’re annoyed they didn’t use this as a plot line in Supernatural.

16 Likes

Kids these days.
What are ya’ gonna’ do?

But I’ll say, my favorite missionary is a lazy-assed missionary.

10 Likes

This is basically a war crime against the local vampire community.

51 Likes

Test samples showed that the water contained extremely high levels of bullshit.

46 Likes

What a surprise, a catholic completely discarding the idea of consent.

It never is an articulated idea in the Bible after all, so how important could such a thing be to God and Jesus and Mary and whoever else they pray to.

28 Likes

IT BURNS!!! AGGHHHHHHH!!

NB: the preceding is a complete sentence.

10 Likes

Wouldn’t it be much simpler to just bless the rains?

43 Likes

17 Likes

I hear that only works down in Africa.

54 Likes

Uhm, so, they used tanks and sprayers normally used for fertilizer, herbacides and/or pesticides to spray contaminated water over the whole community, without concent or permission of any kind. Oh, red States…

28 Likes

So, assuming you’re out in the street when this holified H2O strafes you, just how long does the purification or baptism or whatever last? asking for a friend.

5 Likes

I recall there’s a bit in Michael Moore’s “Stupid White Men” wherein he advocates solving the troubles in Ireland by wandering through the Protestant neighborhoods with a suitably blessed hose. Satire, of course.

2 Likes

Wait, it gets better:

The idea came from L’Eryn Detraz, a Cow Island native who is a missionary stationed in Ohio.

You gotta be DEDICATED to handle a rough assignment like that.

3 Likes

1.21 Salvation

John uses a rosary to bless water in a tank, and later uses the water to fend off Meg and Tom.

Nota plane - but an entire water tank spraying out over a walkway to allow his escape.

6 Likes

Surely no one would be so stupid as to… [looks at who’s involved]… uh, I hope it wasn’t anything too toxic they contaminated the area with.

8 Likes

Sprinkle a can of this over the place:

6 Likes

I thought non Catholics weren’t allowed to receive sacraments.

Facilitating this was a sin on the Padres part.

8 Likes

Blessing with Holy Water is not a sacrament.

9 Likes

Okeydokey. I just accidentally ran across this. It sorta pulls together this thread and an earlier one about Willie’s guitar. Sorta, kinda. At any rate, get ready for (I’m not kidding) Willie Nelson and Stephen Colbert singing the timeless Christmas classic:

The Greatest Gift of All

Just trust me on this one.