Catholic high school suppressed student newspaper article, drawing wide attention to it

BIG reason I’m not a Catholic anymore: Arbitrary rules for women. That and seven of the priests assigned to my high school at the time I was there were named in the PA Grand Jury report.

9 Likes

When will people realize that when you “try” to suppress something from public knowledge nowadays, you are only bringing more attention to it? It’s like when someone challenges a book. As soon as it’s challenged, everyone goes out to read it to find out what’s so scandalous.

1 Like

So, when does this altar service take place? During school hours? During my short Catholic school stint we had mass during school hours.

Once a week at least and every day during Lent. What’s your point?

My point is that if it’s done during school hours it should be subject to Title IX.

5 Likes

Ah! Thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

Thank you for the opportunity to repeat that I loathe Dan Brown.

1 Like

Not quite. They go out an buy it. I seriously doubt that most who bought ‘Ulysses’ for its salaciousness managed to get more than 2 or 3 pages in.

2 Likes

I attended a small Catholic college which censored its newspaper as well on certain subjects.

1 Like

I take that as read. I went on a holiday in Rome and visited all these amazing places, only to have them slightly tarnished by remembering that Dan Brown set a scene there. Ostia was far better; I’d only read Lindsey Davis stories set around Ostia.

1 Like

To be honest, I’ve only read something like 5 pages of Angels and Demons before deciding I did not want to invest my time with something that was, at best, written by a very average 12 year old boy.

1 Like

How does that quote go? Something like… Journalism is printing what the subject of the story DOESN’T want you to print; Everything else is PR.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.