Catholicism Is Not A Religion, It's A Sex Cult

The idea itself is parasitic. It takes advantage of normal human cognitive biases in order to perpetuate itself.

I’m not saying anything about religious people. I’m talking about religious ideas.

1 Like

Other religipns have the same problem. The first issue of Tricycle I ever read talked abpit it on Buddhist communities. Ten years later I picked up another Buddhist journal and they were still talking about the crisis of sexual abuse. Likewise at Hindu ashrams. And there are plenty of goddess-worshiping Neo-Pagan communities with the same sort of crap.

It’s not just the evil Abrahamics

11 Likes

That’s why I said religion.

And specifically authoritarian religions tend to be the worst offenders.

Could be. I may just be too cynical about all of them

…which is where I point to the US Gymnastics team, or Penn State Football, or Harvey Weinstein, or Jeffrey Epstein, or Denis Hastert, or…

It’s about power and patriarchy. Religion is incidental, except in that most religions tend to strongly reflect the wealth and gender inequalities that shape the societies they exist within.

16 Likes

You don’t even need “patriarchy”, just power. Since nobody can point to a country in modern times which people will agree is non-patriarchal it’s kind of moot.

5 Likes

Quakers come to mind, too.

5 Likes

Yeah, this is not a religion problem, but a people problem. Unchecked authority, lack of oversight, lack of transparency, in-group mentality, a culture of silence (or “closing the ranks”) when problems arise… these are sadly common ingredients for abuse of various kinds.

7 Likes

Also recently in the news:

7 Likes

Ugh, fucking hell.

And yet so many millions stay in that religion/sex cult, somehow rationalizing that choice.

Kinda like USians like me, come to think of it, who keep contributing taxes to an imperial war machine. :thinking:

6 Likes

Sometimes it feels like no matter what choices we make, it somehow benefits someone or something we do not support,

3 Likes

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/big-us-churches-turmoil-sex-abuse-lgbt-policy-61429474?cid=clicksource_4380645_undefined_undefined_bsq_hed

Not sure why this doesn’t one box, but oh well…

1 Like

3 Likes

395 Pedos

#deletecatholicism

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.