CBD For Immune Support: Protecting Seniors Through Lab Tested CBD

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/15/cbd-for-immune-support-protec.html

OK, this is too far. Usually Boingboing peddles harmless lifestyle stuff, even when it comes to CBD. But this is basically saying (or narrowly avoiding saying, for legal reasons) that this stuff protects you from Covid 19. It might be legal but it’s not what I expect from this place.

13 Likes

Long Live The Placebo Effect

1 Like

Coming soon to the BB store:

4 Likes

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

3 Likes

Totally irresponsible snake-oil woo; NOT OK, BoingBoing.

7 Likes

What the fuck next BoingBoing? Crystal therapy? I can’t believe that your major contributors here actually are OK with having their names put beside this bullshit. You are this close to losing a decade+ long reader.

edit Just emailed C Doctorow about this issue. Other people want to contact the other contributors and ask then if they want to be associated with this pseudo-science?

4 Likes

Good Grief, BoingBoing WTF?

The evidence for CBD being safe and effective for any condition is scant, at best.

Just because a product is poorly regulated doesn’t mean your store has to be.

-S

2 Likes

Uhm, you do know Cory left, right? Probably precisely because of stuff like this

3 Likes

Yeah. He replied telling me he had left. Guess I know why. Guess I’m out too.

3 Likes

As a longtime fan I’d just like to say

Please, stop it.

You want to advertise CBD products to keep the lights on, go right ahead. You want to insinuate that the product you are promoting is a way to protect vulnerable people during a global pandemic then you’ve just lost your moral standing over the charlatans you rightly decry on this site.

7 Likes

Quackery is not a victimless crime.

7 Likes

Especially when it preys on most vulnerable groups during the pandemic.

5 Likes

@beschizza @pesco @jlw @frauenfelder @xeni

Is this really acceptable to have on your site?

I’d say I’m disappointed, but unironically? It’d be more accurate for me to say, I’m disgusted.

5 Likes

I find this advertisement really slimy and the kind of bullshit weasel wording that the supplement industry likes to use, so I let Real Tested CBD know this and because of it don’t trust anything from them. You can do this also https://realtestedcbd.com/contact-us/

5 Likes

this is the kind of thing that loses long-time readers like me… and deserves a full-throated apology from boingboing.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.