CBS “moderators” abdicate role as journalists

Then why bother having the debate? Just let the candidates run their political ads and make them pay out of pocket for their lies.

12 Likes

I hate that truth in advertising evidently does not apply to political ads.

9 Likes

YES. It fucking is. FFS.

TRUMP IS A LYING FASCIST!!! Time for the media to DO it’s fucking job and call him what he is. YOU might not be in the cross hairs of these dipshits, but LOTS of YOUR fellow Americans are. Wake up and gain an ounce of empathy for what they are trying to do to this country and large swaths of the population that live here.

17 Likes

“The boxers fight each other, not the referees. It is not the referees’ responsibility or duty to call out one of the boxers if they tape a shiv to their glove and stab their opponent in the femoral artery.”

20 Likes

Of course, that is the very nature of a debate. The moderators are there to enforce the rules of the debate.

1 Like

Is it, though?

I don’t know…I guess you might not have noticed, but there are already seven replies addressing the thing you just claimed was true, which makes simply reasserting it kind of pointless.

6 Likes

It appears that the role of moderator that they’re following is that of a graphite rod in a nuclear reactor with not enough coolant.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.